? servers

? players online

Fitness Thread

• Content Count:  188

Best bet is probs to make a discussion thread in off topic

OK guys lets get a fitness thread going. Started working out May 07. Started going my community rec center a week later. Now I just started using my uni's gym today.

I guess we could post our routines, progress and shit. Here goes nothing.

fitimg1428may07tojune05.png

Left is May 07, 2013, Right is June 05, 2013. I still think I'm a DYEL hungry skeleton. But eh.

I can do like a 225 leg press and lmao1plaet squat, but I still can barely do one chinup/pullup.

Also, 5'9" @ 150 lbs.

Edited by Doc

• Content Count:  2668

OK guys lets get a fitness thread going. Started working out May 07. Started going my community rec center a week later. Now I just started using my uni's gym today.

I guess we could post our routines, progress and shit. Here goes nothing.

fitimg1428may07tojune05.png

Left is May 07, 2013, Right is June 05, 2013. I still think I'm a DYEL hungry skeleton. But eh.

I can do like a 225 leg press and lmao1plaet squat, but I still can barely do one chinup/pullup.

Noticeable improvements already. Good job! What's your goal?

Noticeable improvements already. Good job! What's your goal?

Honestly, I don't know. Maybe bulk (ideally 170-180ish or something), work out, work on muscles. Once I gain more muscle mass, cut. Probably back down to 150 or something like that.

I'm still new to body building, so this is just like a practice run.

Going for ottermode or built.

KktgnXb.jpg

Edited by Doc

• Content Count:  885

Well I here I am:

fitnessthread_zps656748f9.jpg

the past year ive been doing arms/chest one day, then legs the next, both days with abs (i can never muster up enough motivation for them).

right now im 5'6" at 150lbs

wanna hit 160 sooner than later; itll be hard :/

Edited by Unnamed Newbie

Well I here I am:

the past year ive been doing arms/chest one day, then legs the next, both days with abs (i can never muster up enough motivation for them).

right now im 5'6" at 150lbs

wanna hit 160 sooner than later; itll be hard :/

Look great dood. Do you take any supplements, creatine, whey, etc.?

• Like 1
Edited by Doc

Look great dood. Do you take any supplements, creatine, whey, etc.?

I personally don't. I've taken creatine before races a couple of times, but unless I need muscle mass fast, I don't see the need for it. Some of my friends use it though, usually before/during/after the lifts.

Since I'm not allowed to play football anymore, my direct need for muscle mass has kinda faded, so now it's just training for sprinting season.

creatine, lol, water muscles

na, creatine just helps you lift for a longer amount of time. it adds on that extra 5lbs you couldn't get before.

I personally don't. I've taken creatine before races a couple of times, but unless I need muscle mass fast, I don't see the need for it. Some of my friends use it though, usually before/during/after the lifts.

Since I'm not allowed to play football anymore, my direct need for muscle mass has kinda faded, so now it's just training for sprinting season.

Why aren't you allowed to play football anymore? And where do you go to the gym? School or what?

Why aren't you allowed to play football anymore? And where do you go to the gym? School or what?

Tore my ligaments in my foot last season. If I stress them too much again, I'd need surgery, so there's no need for me to jeopardize my track career seeing as how im not half bad.

I usually go to the school gym after school and if no supervisor is there, then I hit up the Y.

In the summers, there's an offseason football lift that I do even though I don't play. That helps too. Mon-Thursday in the summer of strength and conditioning followed by swimming and sports. Summers are always the best time to lift etc. I think.

Edited by Unnamed Newbie

• Content Count:  3150

Tore my ligaments in my foot last season. If I stress them too much again, I'd need surgery, so there's no need for me to jeopardize my track career seeing as how im not half bad.

I usually go to the school gym after school and if no supervisor is there, then I hit up the Y.

In the summers, there's an offseason football lift that I do even though I don't play. That helps too. Mon-Thursday in the summer of strength and conditioning followed by swimming and sports. Summers are always the best time to lift etc. I think.

Explain to me how there is no risk of tearing your foot ligaments in track.......

• Like 1
Edited by BoM

Reply to Thread