Good Evening fellow nerds,
As previously discussed we have been looking for ways to be more transparent as BDs and freely share what we are working on when possible. We had previously tried doing this with quarterly reports and will now be releasing our meeting notes minus a few subjects that don't need to be publicly shared. These meetings usually happen roughly once a month and therefore notes will be released similarly.
Saturday 05/01/21 Notes:
Possible Junior Staff Rank + Admin App Discussion
- Grant the CAs ability to gather people that are on the servers and forums to join the Junior Staff rank and be called when help is needed.
- Similar to Wawa's "call to arms" group.
- Could call it recruits. Make feel them more obligated.
- Target starting number: 10+
- Have them wear a tag similar to how SilentGuns has squad players wear a |SG| tag.
- There have not been many approved apps as of recently but it can be due to it being a bunch of kids.
- The current admin app system has been fine.
- Junior Staff rank could produce better admins as it'll be hand picked by the CAs.
- Potentially have the Junior Staff rank be a prerequisite to apply for admin.
Trying to Improve TT Team & Retention
- Looking to recruit newer people to JTA that code as a hobby vs for a career to decrease burnout.
- Post on reddit or ask around the servers.
- [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] are looking into Source2. [REDACTED] can code in css and html.
- Can pay people for temp projects if necessary. We don't want this to be a long term option as it'll end up costing us more. It would be best to have them be from the community.
- [REDACTED] can maybe be a database guy in the future.
Reviewing Recognition Ranks
- John made a PowerPoint
- General consensus was that it took awhile to decide what rank someone deserves. It does not actually take that long, at most 30 minutes of talking. Majority take less than 5 minutes.
- Recognition ranks are meaningless if we had one rank. The point of the rank is to give recognition to one's work. It'd be awful to put someone like [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] on the same rank as [REDACTED].
- Proposal is to either go back to HG and LG or stick with our current system.
- Use [REDACTED] as a tracking system for those that comeback into staff and then step down again. We can also make it where you retain your recognition rank.
- [REDACTED] says they prefer to have one rank and if you get SM+ you get it.
[REDACTED - Upcoming Event Discussion]
Official Limitations On Staff Returning After Step Down or Demotion
- Right now if someone steps down they must wait 3 months. There has no been an exception. Weird that there is no official rule for those that have been demoted or banned.
- Case by case it is usually 6-12 months. 6 months from their demotion and a year from their unban.
- Demoted from SM/IA you are barred for 1 year. If banned, 1 year from unban.
- Demoted from BD/TA you're permanently barred from any level of staff.
- Demoted from SA, CA and any other staff rank you're barred for 6 months. If banned, 6 months from the unban.
- If [REDACTED] has an issue with someone coming back to a high up rank then we will likely tell them no indefinitely.
Admin Activity Tracker
Conclusion Send a bunch of warning PMs and be a bit more lenient on activity.
Advertising Our Community
- See if we can pay to run ads on websites. Make banners and go to websites to
- Ads on Google? We are trying to advertise a gaming community, google is not a good spot as we may not be able to reach the targeted audience. It would be better to run ads on other websites or try and target people where games are discussed.
- Pay for discord advertising (websites}.
- DayZ servers can pay to have their servers on the top of the browser. We can see if we can do it for our Squad servers.
- Figure out a value for a budget.
- We are not fond of sit in meetings. [REDACTED] mentioned about taking notes then redacting certain parts and then publish the notes.
- Quarterly reports can do well but they really only work if we have big topics to mention in them.
- Using last meeting's notes in February as an example, we can rephrase what was stated and give the gist of what everyone said.
- Sit in meetings just no. We would have to watch what we say for some topics as they cannot be public. I.e. demotions, team reports etc....
- Could try out more community meetings. It can cause drama with people giving opinions during the meeting and after. The topics are so generalized where they may not really be able to have any crazy input.
- Use this meeting's notes as a test run.
- 4.5 theme is in development. Gator is just "fixing that bitch". Majority of it is done, only small things are left.
- Good idea to have a Discord Team since ours is growing.