? servers

? players online

Fitness Thread

• Content Count:  1064

Well since this thing exist, i will try ask for some advice's.

Some time ago i started a gym membership and for the first month it went decent.

Then i stopped coming more and more til the point of entirely giving it up.

One of the reasons i disliked the gym is because the local gym is extremely small and lacks any kind of proper air condition.

So 8/10 gym visit feel like trying to work out in a sauna and with a bunch of people sweating and working out. always ended up smelling like a Cambodian genocide pit.

The other thing that turns me off, was the lack of any idea what i was doing.

The other people had their routines and goals "do 3 sets ala 12 times of dick lift and truck pulling" While mine was "i think i try this out til i am tired, or maybe that".

So basically, what motivates you guys to attend it? I tried forcing into my mind that i HAD to do it, but with little effect.

And where does one get a fitness plan of sort? Would be a lot better to strive/have a routine then randomly pick machines based on what i want to work out.

I workout at home, I have a treadmill, bench, squats, row, dumbbells, easy grip bar, pull up bar and an exercise bike. Basically for me it's just "get off your ass and go do this this and this."

You should be able to go online and look up work out plans for basic, advanced and extreme people. Some might require an incredible amount of money, some are free it all depends.

Good luck! Hope it helps.

• Content Count:  3052

I am in the same boat as dimitry. I want to get a routine for the gym and I want a nutritional plan... So idk maybe a personal trainer might work formed but idk if I Can find any near me

• Content Count:  448

I am in the same boat as dimitry. I want to get a routine for the gym and I want a nutritional plan... So idk maybe a personal trainer might work formed but idk if I Can find any near me

sometimes having a personal trainer is just throwing money for nothing.. I'll give you an advice. Ask to a friend who wants to do the same things as you example gain mass etc.. When I began to train, I had a personal trainer and it was just useless. I began to train with a friend and he had experience. I swear, I gained more with him than a personal trainer

• Content Count:  2095

Well since this thing exist, i will try ask for some advice's.

Some time ago i started a gym membership and for the first month it went decent.

Then i stopped coming more and more til the point of entirely giving it up.

One of the reasons i disliked the gym is because the local gym is extremely small and lacks any kind of proper air condition.

So 8/10 gym visit feel like trying to work out in a sauna and with a bunch of people sweating and working out. always ended up smelling like a Cambodian genocide pit.

The other thing that turns me off, was the lack of any idea what i was doing.

The other people had their routines and goals "do 3 sets ala 12 times of dick lift and truck pulling" While mine was "i think i try this out til i am tired, or maybe that".

So basically, what motivates you guys to attend it? I tried forcing into my mind that i HAD to do it, but with little effect.

And where does one get a fitness plan of sort? Would be a lot better to strive/have a routine then randomly pick machines based on what i want to work out.

You don't really need a safisticated workout routine, you can use any generic one: http://zyzzcentral.com/2011/05/10/routine/

Since you both intend on losing weight opposed to putting muscle on this one is significantly better for you. The advantages of a higher volume workout like this with lower weight is good for endurance and a bit of cardio since you won't be putting on very much muscle when you're cutting (losing weight), the usual 2x8/3x5 ones would use a higher weight as it's less reps

Just find out how to properly do the exercises and go to your gym and start experimenting around with weight...start low and keep progressing until it takes absolutely every fibre in your body to complete the last rep and that's the weight you'll be excercising with. Depending on how your dieting/exercises go you may need to decrease or increase the weight, although it'll probably be the latter- which is what you should be striving for regardless.

But once again since you both intend on losing weight and a large portion of it will come from dieting. Doesn't matter how hard you work out, if you're overeating you aren't going anywhere. Go here http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html and fill it out and figure out how many calories you need depending on your fitness level, subtract 500 calories from how many calories you need to maintain your weight and you'll lose ~1 a pound a week.

You want to take it slow otherwise you're going to end up with some intestinal problems and you'll feel and look like shit, I wouldn't recommend cutting 1,000 calories and losing 2 pounds a week.

Dimitry: I actually know some bodybuilders who prefer working in the heat with the air conditioner off...it helps them lose their water weight because...well...it's like a sauna. I don't think it's a coincidence that they're also the most ripped at my gym either. Gyms also typically smell like shit, you just need to buck-up.

As for a nutritional plan it's unnecessary. Just watch what you eat, count your calories and think ahead.

Edited by SoulKeeper

• Content Count:  188

Go Here. Its an all you can read beginners guide for /fit/. That's where I started.

http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html

Starting Strength: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

Basically do Starting Strength or Strong Lifts 5x5 for Beginners

5/3/1 for Intermediate

Bulking Diet:

Calories: TDEE + 500 calories

Protein: 1+ grams per lb. bodyweight

You can also try GOMAD, although I don't really recommend it. Maybe half-GOMAD

Cutting Diet:

Calories: TDEE - 500 calories

Protein: 1.5+ grams per lb. bodyweight

Maintenance:

Calories: TDEE

Protein: 1.25+ grams per lb. bodyweight

Adjust calories as needed based on your goals / results.

Also, a list of programs to follow

chJT7vV.gif

Edited by Doc

• Content Count:  885

sometimes having a personal trainer is just throwing money for nothing.. I'll give you an advice. Ask to a friend who wants to do the same things as you example gain mass etc.. When I began to train, I had a personal trainer and it was just useless. I began to train with a friend and he had experience. I swear, I gained more with him than a personal trainer

This is very true in my case. One of the best ways to get started is with some buddies. I've been lifting since freshman year with the same guys and just the company can change the atmosphere. You have someone to spot you and give you good advice on your form. I'm not sure if anyone who is trying to loose weight is a little on the bigger side, but going with a friend will definitely boost your confidence. Basically just mention around until you can find a consistent workout buddy.

• Content Count:  448

This is very true in my case. One of the best ways to get started is with some buddies. I've been lifting since freshman year with the same guys and just the company can change the atmosphere. You have someone to spot you and give you good advice on your form. I'm not sure if anyone who is trying to loose weight is a little on the bigger side, but going with a friend will definitely boost your confidence. Basically just mention around until you can find a consistent workout buddy.

totally agree with newbie, sometimes you can lose your motivation, but if you go with someone, it can help you to keep going. My advice is get a buddy with you and allow yourself a cheat day per 2 weeks!

• Content Count:  2075

Just an update after a year really. Been tryna focus on core, but without a wicked consistent diet, that's the hardest.

20140503_2138102_zps4cf7afe8.jpg

Proud to still be using zero supplements as well

but ur like 5'6

• Like 2

Reply to Thread