? servers

? players online

doge lovers thread

• Content Count:  4198

If someone opened a thread about spiderman I would leave it open as well. Simply because I would never view the thread and never be bothered by it. There are plenty of "technically pointless" threads in OTF, hence...Off Topic Forum.

Just because their humor is not your humor, doesn't mean the thread deserves to be locked.

Off-topic is not synonymous with shitposting.

• Content Count:  1676

Off-topic is not synonymous with shitposting.

Oh not this argument again. If people make an unconstructive thread in OTF but continue to contribute to it and find amusement in it, what is the harm exactly?

A 'shitpost' should be a title reserved for spam threads, threads where no discussion or future contributions can occur, and posts that derail other threads.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4198

Oh not this argument again. If people make an unconstructive thread in OTF but continue to contribute to it and find amusement in it, what is the harm exactly?

Except that the 'humour' in this case is to shitpost.

• Content Count:  515

If someone opened a thread about spiderman I would leave it open as well. Simply because I would never view the thread and never be bothered by it. There are plenty of "technically pointless" threads in OTF, hence...Off Topic Forum.

Just because their humor is not your humor, doesn't mean the thread deserves to be locked.

SSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOO are you giving me permission to make a spooder man thread???

• Content Count:  1676

Except that the 'humour' in this case is to shitpost.

How does that invalidate my point in any way? You may find these threads dumb and pointless (because by god, I don't find any of them to be particularly engaging myself), yet it is among the most popular threads on its page and people continue to contribute to it with material that corresponds with the first post. Some of you are acting as if OTF would actually turn into /s4s/ if the standards we have for posting were loosened up a little. Look back a few years on the forums and tell me that a quarter of the stuff posted then wouldn't be locked today. Things were treated differently. People laughed off or even somehow managed to ignore threads that they found to be of little meaning, and things seemed to have turned out okay. Why does a thread in which people actively post need to be locked because you personally find the topic itself to be 'cancer'? Wouldn't simply ignoring the thread and not posting in it provide the same results?

• Content Count:  4799

How does that invalidate my point in any way? You may find these threads dumb and pointless (because by god, I don't find any of them to be particularly engaging myself), yet it is among the most popular threads on its page and people continue to contribute to it with material that corresponds with the first post. Some of you are acting as if OTF would actually turn into /s4s/ if the standards we have for posting were loosened up a little. Look back a few years on the forums and tell me that a quarter of the stuff posted then wouldn't be locked today. Things were treated differently. People laughed off or even somehow managed to ignore threads that they found to be of little meaning, and things seemed to have turned out okay. Why does a thread in which people actively post need to be locked because you personally find the topic itself to be 'cancer'? Wouldn't simply ignoring the thread and not posting in it provide the same results?

Nobody is locking this thread . We are just saying that this thread is stupid as hell and contributes only to lower the collective intelligence of SG . Nobody is going to stop these kids but what we can do is think less of them for doing it. In the old days a lot of threads were left open so people could call you and the contributors idiots , I remember because I also used to shitpost when I was new to ZM/SG .

Just keep it in this thread and we will not have a problem , anyone who posts this in unrelated threads gets a week off from SG . Have fun !

Edited by SilentGuns

Reply to Thread