? servers

? players online

Subaru BRZ, Nissan 350z, or Hyundai Tiburon?

• Content Count:  501

When you have to replace parts they arent cheap but I have found all the Z3s to be quite reliable. This might be because they are simpler than their larger BMW counterparts but I have had mine for almost 4 years now (42k miles on it) and the only thing I have had to do is replace the front brake pads/rotors and I bought it knowing they were low. You might also be able to find the newer Z4 version of the car if you look around.

That's fair to say, I guess I should have included that I'm coming at this car from a drifting stand point because my buddy has a Z3. But If its your daily driver then hell yeah.

• Content Count:  2167

That's fair to say, I guess I should have included that I'm coming at this car from a drifting stand point because my buddy has a Z3. But If its your daily driver then hell yeah.

Thats true, if you are taking it to the track every other weekend you are probably going to be wearing things out much faster than I am.

• Content Count:  202

Why is this even a discussion? 350z is an OK car. Ride is uncomfortable and the turn radius is shitty, expect to 3point turn alot. Hyundai is Hyundai. No (unless you want to drive around PRETENDING to have a really good car). Subby all the way. Subaru has always been top choice when it comes to handling, comfort (though, this being a coupe, may have a stiffer ride than say an Impreza), and even safety. The BRZ is not only all of that, but also much nicer than both of the other choices combined. Don't listen to Bubblez, AT ALL. While I agree that German is the way to go, those cars are also overpriced (both purchase and repairs), and should only be owned the the 2 types of people that already own them, those that are rich and can afford them, or those that buy used pieces of dookie (Bubblez) and claims that simply because of the name, they're amazing cars. B R Z, nuf sed.

• Content Count:  1057

Why is this even a discussion? 350z is an OK car. Ride is uncomfortable and the turn radius is shitty, expect to 3point turn alot. Hyundai is Hyundai. No (unless you want to drive around PRETENDING to have a really good car). Subby all the way. Subaru has always been top choice when it comes to handling, comfort (though, this being a coupe, may have a stiffer ride than say an Impreza), and even safety. The BRZ is not only all of that, but also much nicer than both of the other choices combined. Don't listen to Bubblez, AT ALL. While I agree that German is the way to go, those cars are also overpriced (both purchase and repairs), and should only be owned the the 2 types of people that already own them, those that are rich and can afford them, or those that buy used pieces of dookie (Bubblez) and claims that simply because of the name, they're amazing cars. B R Z, nuf sed.

ahahahah bork the dork shut up.

• Content Count:  11501

This is almost verbatim what I was going to say.

• Content Count:  2167

What is it with people thinking German cars are unreliable? Mercedes-Benz makes some of the most reliable cars ever built. The 300D for instance was the taxi of choice in Europe for years and often hit the million mile mark. There is a reason Mercedes is the best selling car in south-africa (yeah you know everyone in south africa is rich as fuck right). The high end of the Mercedes model range is complicated beyond belief and will be a maintenance nightmare but that is not at all representative of the entry level cars people seem to forget. Look how many BMW e30s or Mercedes W124s are still on the road.

• Content Count:  4980

To me it looks like you want an old-schoolish sports car. That is also what I want when I have a little bit more money (still studying). But Mercedes is out of the question in this case. Mercedes are usually luxuries or extremely exotic, and replacing parts could cost alot. Out of the three you mentioned, I would personally pick the 350Z because I've simply always liked the looks of it (both interior and exterior) liked the engine sound and the fact that it was the shit back in the need for speed days lol. Still however, you should ask the current condition of the 350Z i.e. how many miles it has registered to know that its not too creased system-wise. You will also save $15K compared to the BRZ which is a lot of money, and that paper might come in handy at some point later in life.

I can give you some examples of other relevant cars at the top of my head which I think you'd be interested in:

Audi TT

Mazda RX-7

Mazda RX-8

Mitsubishi 3000GT

Ford Mustang GT

Pontiac GTO

Infinity G35

Volkswagen r32

Audi A4

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo9

and my personal favourite Nissan Skyline G-TR R-34. Not satisified? You can always look at the older Porsche's.

Reply to Thread