? servers

? players online

The New Year for SG

• Content Count:  4960

Welcome,

The year 2013 has passed.

We have ended the year with new friendships, and old ones leaving us. Some of us graduated and started having jobs, others started a family, etc.

I think that 2013 started off with the moment of losing a big part of our Steamgamers history because of some hacker(s). It’s hard to lose some of the best ban appeal threads.. Amen

We were fed a lot of promises. Promises from the higher-ups towards the player base that there were a lot of changes coming up this year.

And they held promise. We have an active group of admins now, while the inactive roles have been filled in again.

The servers have been slightly less filled up this year because CS:GO came out, but we’re still hanging in there! We have been working together these last few months suggesting new servers, ideas for tournaments (although they don’t work out as planned at the moment, which is pretty sad to see).

Accordingly, there were changes to the ingame store (A success for the higher-ups, it gave us a lot of donations this year) and the players came into action to help revamp Steamgamers for the future.

Things i'd actually like to see:

• Gradually make the step to CS:GO with either ZE or a second MG server
  • Challenge the AO's to let them make 2-day events each weekend to bring back old mods (Gungame, Bhop, Breakfloor, Napalm,...)
  • Move on to a new medium that replaces Ventrilo
  • Encouragement by the community towards players to buy new games (raffle, new servers, extra promotion, etc.)
  • A community-wide shortlist/poll that lets the players select their favorite games, so that the Higher-ups have a better indication or guide to see what is a good game to make server(s) for.
  • Considering the idea that people who got banned 3 years ago, actually can get a chance to prove themselves again towards the community
  • Etc

About the future of Steamgamers,

I can say one thing about the idea of Steamgamers disappearing as a community, or it would “die” like some would say..

I don’t like the idea, and I’m sure there is an immense group within the community that feels the same way.

Because of this, I can safely say that the community wide new years resolution should be “Change”.

“Gee, thanks Obama!”.

We don’t have the opportunity to purchase an expensive healthcare for our community, but I do think we will have a hard time if we don’t actually take action. And I think the new year is the best way to start this.

A new year, A new year for SG and it’s people.

An early “HAPPY NEW YEAR” from me towards you guys (because I will be out partying tomorrow).

Zaraki

There is a reason i'm posting this obviously..

I want to ask you personally to write down your favorite multiplayer PC games in this thread.

And if you have a game, what mod/server would you like for it

In this format if possible:

My Favorite MP games:

Rust

Starbound

DayZ

CS:GO

Gmod

CSS

TF2

Just Cause 2 MP

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

Thank you!!!

• Like 1
Edited by Zaraki

• Content Count:  581

Early happy new year to all!

I would love to see a Rust server/ more CS:GO servers.

And for TF2 i would extremely love. Maybe open a 2fort or maybe a trading server? Good trading servers are high in popularity of course. It might not seem like fun or what people want but it brings in alot of new players. As i am big into TF2 trading i've seen a gaming community thrive off of just trade servers, They have 7 in total i think and stay filled pretty often.

But i'd love to see SG keep on striving, i've loved SG ever since i stepped in the napalm server in the ZM days. It was honestly like a child hood memory since i was like 13 at the time. Plus i only play on SG servers if im playing (besides TF2).

• Like 1

Reply to Thread