? servers

? players online

Random Question of the Day [April 18th, 2014]

• Content Count:  2095

Don't know, but i doubt it's rare. Haven't donate blood yet but i don't think i can since i am so thin.

You can donate blood if you're thin assuming you aren't a legitimate anorexic person. You would just want to drink a lot of fluid since you'd lose a fair amount because your blood is made of a large portion of water, even then you'd just be faint which would go away relatively quick, especially if you rehydrate.

Bigger people don't really have as many issues because the more fat you have the more blood you have considering you'd have more capillaries delivering more blood to the excess fat for nutrients.

Even then you're always screened prior to donating blood and if they thought you were too thin or that you might have difficulties they'd tell you, it's an interesting experience and it's really helping people so it's worth a shot.

Edited by SoulKeeper
Guest harro
You can donate blood if you're thin assuming you aren't a legitimate anorexic person. You would just want to drink a lot of fluid since you'd lose a fair amount because your blood is made of a large portion of water, even then you'd just be faint which would go away relatively quick, especially if you rehydrate.

Bigger people don't really have as many issues because the more fat you have the more blood you have considering you'd have more capillaries delivering more blood to the excess fat for nutrients.

Even then you're always screened prior to donating blood and if they thought you were too thin or that you might have difficulties they'd tell you, it's an interesting experience and it's really helping people so it's worth a shot.

Most public schools here that allow students donate blood will set the weight requirements higher than it normally is

• Content Count:  1064

Don't know, but i doubt it's rare. Haven't donate blood yet but i don't think i can since i am so thin.

It depends on where you do it. At schools, they usually have a weight requirement because like soulkeeper said, you could have some difficulties after donating and they don't want you to get hurt.

At like the hospital I think you have to be 18 and you can't have any type of infections or disease and then you should be able to donate. Even there they'll still tell you whether you should or not.

Like when my dad was in high school, this one guy was pretty skinny (like 17 and 115lb or like 57 kilos) and all that happened to him was he fainted and was pretty weak for the rest of the day.

Reply to Thread