? servers

? players online

What I've been spending most of my time the past week..

• Content Count:  6242

Later today 5 P.M. Eastern I get to show off what myself and my co-workers have been working on for the past month.

Some background, I work at a local news station as a director. My job is pretty much put the show on the air and make sure it goes off with out a hitch. This job used to entail a lot of button pushing and crazyness. Now we've automated a ton of the process, so its easier for 1 person to do it all instead of needing a team of 5-6 people. My station is going through a bit of a transition where we've redesigned the set and brought in a new graphical look. The past month we've been using a small room to do our newscasts in while we deconstructed the old set and constructed the new one. Since Sunday, I've put in 10+ hours a day to get ready for the transition. From helping with the lighting, to assembling the desk, to fill in anchor to help test new shots, to rebuild about 400 different codes we use to put stuff on the air with. My hour total up to tonight is 48, tomorrow I'll have another 12 hour day putting me close to 60 hours to get this prepped.

So if you guys have nothing better to do, I invite you to watch me debut the new set and graphics at 5 P.M. Eastern today. Wait I don't live where your station broadcasts, you say. Don't worry we live stream our shows. Click here to watch. If you go before 5 P.M. you will be watching an old show or our morning show, but once we go live at 5 it will be there.

I am really proud of the work myself and my co-workers have done and if theres some interest in it, later on I can go over more of what we did and how my job works. But for now its bed time, got to get up in 8 hours to go back in there.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  1187

Neither, I was not interviewed, thankfully. I almost was. I've seen more photos/videos of myself today than I have in a long time. I share later.

Share noa!

Reply to Thread