? servers

? players online

:(Getting crazy now

• Content Count:  588

My steam account was hijacked this afternoon. The hijacker sold almost everything in my inventory and spent all the money left!!! I posted on Steam Support and asked them if I could get everything I lost back (cuz I didn't click any goddamn links, so it's not my fault). I have the IP of that hijacker. What should I do next... :(:(:(:confused::confused::confused:

• Content Count:  535

You when Steam Support responds:

ullaqld.jpg

Is e-mail verifications upon trades enabled? They might not give two shits if it's disabled, even though your stuff was sold on the market and not traded to other users. Also I really hope you have SteamGuard enabled... Dunno what to say if you don't.

Virus scan your system. Could be keyloggers lying around.

Regarding that IP.... No clue whether or not it's his real IP. Might as well be a VPN or a Proxy.

By the way, I don't want to sound mean, but it's usually your own fault. It might not seem like it but it probably was.

Clicking links isn't what gets your account information stolen. These links are usually phishing sites that looks like the real Steam store/community page. The only difference is the URL.

Can be as easy as this: friend links you to his screenshot on "Steam", you open the link in your browser, page looks identical to the Steam page that tells you that only friends of *friend* can view this content, you "sign in". Congrats hes now got your login info.

And as for the links that automatically downloads a file (typically a .scr file), no harm will be done unless you're stupid enough to open/run the file.

I'm not saying that you got hijacked that way. It could have happened other ways... Like having your steam username/password auto-fill in Google Chrome. Anyone with very basic knowledge and access to your computer can turn the **********s into letters using DevTools (F12).

• Like 1
Edited by WriteX

I regained my account this morning. But I lost half of my inventory items, which worth about $300 :( Asking Steam Support if I could get these stuff back

Good to hear you got it back, but sorry about your inventory :/

Specifically I lost my StatTrak Bayonet Case Hardened, AK-47 Vulcan, StatTrak M4A4 Desert-Strike, Glock-18 Water Elemental, StatTrak Five-Seven Case Hardened, etc :(

• Content Count:  6759

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news but I don't believe they'll be able to give you those back. The guy who took your skins could have traded the skins away or sold them on the market on a separate account so it could be in some innocent person's inventory now. There are many situations like this that have existed where TF2 to players get their accounts hijacked, lose their unusuals and other valuables and Valve can't give them back. Maybe they can give you some compensation but if I were you I wouldn't get my hopes too high e.e sorry.

Reply to Thread