? servers

? players online

Windows Vista Ultimate for Free

• Content Count:  619

It looks like Microsoft is at it again with it's attempt to sway people from Microsoft XP, especially so close to the time Microsoft will remove XP from the market. The big software corporation is offering a free copy of Windows Vista Ultimate with it's latest service pack, along with a trial of Microsoft Office 2007. Granted the software is for evaluation purposes only, but that shouldn't stop you from using it in your home indefinitely.

From the site:

"The Windows Vista with Service Pack 1 Desktop Deployment & Evaluation Kit contains: an evaluation copy of Windows Vista Ultimate with Service Pack 1, a Microsoft Office 2007 Professional 180 day trial, and a Desktop Deployment Toolkit with resources to get your planning on the fast track.

We hope you'll use the kit and see how with Windows Vista with SP1, the Windows experience gets even better - with the improvements to performance, reliability, security and application compatibility you've asked for. You'll see an improved administration experience easing certain management and support challenges and you'll find Windows Vista with SP1 keeps your organization's future in mind by already planning for and supporting new hardware and emerging standards that will grow in importance in the coming months and years.

Try it for yourself!"

To receive your free copy of the Windows Vista with SP1 Desktop Deployment & Evaluation Kit, please click here!

WARNING: This is an evaluation copy so it is timed after the 30 days i must buy Vista or uninstal

Edited by Widow

• Content Count:  868

Neat. I'll probably install it just to see what it's like, that is of course if it's easy to set it up so that I can dual boot between XP and Vista. If not, then forget it. :001_tongue:

• Content Count:  2433

Theres not really much of a difference between Vista and XP, except Vista has many many anti-program secruity levels, it does get annoying from time to time. That and every game works with XP, not with Vista.

• Content Count:  6712

I dunno if this works on other trials but I have been using the trial version of Office 07, all I have to do is keep my computer clock around December 2007 and it works :thumbup1:

• Content Count:  46

Theres not really much of a difference between Vista and XP, except Vista has many many anti-program secruity levels, it does get annoying from time to time. That and every game works with XP, not with Vista.

you can just turn the security things off you know, it takes about 5 clicks to do

seriously.

anyways you guys should try vista i love it i play all my games on it with no problem.

• Content Count:  2959

Vista also disabled directsound forcing people to go use creative's half-assed and until recently for-pay-only ALchemy program to get hardware sound acceleration back. Then there's also the vista performance drop that I've personally experienced firsthand, going from never dipping below 40fps to never getting above 14 in bioshock with similar drops in FEAR, bf2, and CS:S.

but yeah vista's perfect and all that is annoying can be disabled in 5 clicks and it's wonderful and perfect and wonderful and perfect and it works fine for me so it must be perfect and wonderful and perfect for everyone else too... etc

• Content Count:  1730

Well, Microsoft sucks to be honest.. They market something free but there is always some catch in it, just like this thing here - "get vista free" but all you get is a Evaluation copy

• Content Count:  6712

Max I think you are being a bit harsh here.

Why would they give away their latest system version? It makes them a lot of money and yeah you might say that is greedy because they are already stinking rich but at any level no one just gives away stuff to customers, to charity maybe however.

I haven't got Vista but I've tried it at others houses and it doesn't seem that different to me. You just need to know how to make it work for you.

Reply to Thread