? servers

? players online

Press F to pay respects

• Content Count:  11501

Didn't see this thread till right now or would have commented sooner lol.

Bom did a tremendous amount of work as an AO that we would never try to take from him, however there were issues past all of that that have tried to been resolved since the end of 2014 - beginning of 2015, with numerous warnings. There is no issue paying him respect for the work he put in, but I think this has gone a little past that lol. If anyone thinks we made a mistake or has "lost respect" in us (but we've talked SilentGuns, so pretty sure we're on the same page now), that's fine. You guys are entitled to feel how you feel, but ultimately we have to do what is best for the community, even if it is not the popular decision because the majority of you can't see the facts sitting in the AO section. This wasn't a fit of rage demotion, it was an incredibly long conversation where we weighed the pros and cons, justifications, and overall impact of each possible outcome.

We're going to make decisions some of you guys don't like; it's the nature of the beast. You guys can't always see what we're seeing, whether you're an SA, CA AO, reg, etc., depending on the level the issue is held at. Regardless though, you guys are more than entitled to voice your opinion in the appropriate manner. Roughly speaking, if somebody went onto the chatbox and said 'man fuck revenga, that guy is such a piece of shit he needs to be fucking demoted', it potentially does one of two things to newcomers: either they look at it and think 'wow, why is that guy a BD then...I don't want to play at this community' or 'wow, this guy is letting someone else publicly bash him? Does he not have the leadership to handle this?' With that being said, you guys are more than welcome to voice legitimate concerns and opinions in a (somewhat) mature manner. The CA's had an issue with their moderator powers being stripped and they gave legitimate arguments and points why they should have it back. We looked at it and agreed that their points were valid and they should have them back.

Going the previously mentioned route and just publicly bashing CA's, AO's, BD's, whatever the rank is, isn't going to be something tolerated. We're not pulling a Suricruise on you guys (for those that remember him) and going to start censoring your speech just because we don't like it, but somewhere a line has to be drawn. Giving your opinion on how something should be handled, a policy change, whatever the case may be, is definitely taken into consideration...but the sarcastic troll posts seriously bashing other members, the disrespect, trolling on the servers, and all of that jazz, is something that we are going to start holding people accountable for. If you're an SA+ doing this, expect there to be heavier consequences. Obviously I would rather everyone just play nice...I hate banning, striking, demoting, or punishing people and I hate typing up these long posts.

• Like 4

Reply to Thread