? servers

? players online

Warning Shots

• Content Count:  1057

Not sure how I should address this issue but if I could get an AO+ to comment on this, that would be great. I was in the PB server today and was CT as usual. I gave the order to "To take one step of out your cell and face the back wall." I see two guys running to Solitary. One of them I kill while he tries to get in solitary and the other one knifes me so I kill him too.

Frostbitten slays me for not giving him a warning shot. From the way I have always understood the rules and from what I read in the !rules section in the server, a warning shot is required for everything that doesn't involve a Terrorist rebelling or "Blatently" disobeying an order.

My logic is that when a terrorist is running towards a destination instead of taking one step out of their cell, that is considered a blatent disobey. It doesn't make sense to me because the reason warning shots were created in the first place was to avoid terrorists getting killed for stupid shit such as running instead of crouching. I tried explaining this to Frostbitten but he couldn't respond back in a professional manner or in a way that makes sense logically and decided to mute me and several others and avoids the issue.

I think this is a HUGE issue because the rules are getting are fucked up when regulars on the server see admins enforcing different rules on the server.

Again, I don't need "regulars" teaching me the rules or an SA to comment on their opinion of the rule but what's more important is that I need to understand if I have the rules wrong from an AO+.

Sincerely,

B

• Content Count:  470

I was on the server while this went on so ill put in my personal POV. We were playing on lego and you indeed said take one step out face the cell and freeze. The two guys ran, one of them knifed you, which was fine to kill, but the other took one of those dumb panther step thingys. Now we were playing on lego, so when you jump off cells, boom, ur directly in iso. I can see how u might react to this, them just running, so thats a blatant disobey. Problem was it wasn't a major delay, it was more like you know what everybody does, take like a panther or jump or whatever step, so that would require a warning shot. Again, just putting in from POV, I would have warning shot in this case because the map is really tiny and if u take a jump off cells, it covers a chunk off the map, but I can see why you decided to kill them both.

• Content Count:  623

The rules haven't changed Bubblez, they are the same as they were back in the day. These newer admins and pb players are just constantly misinterpreting them.

Carry on your ways, only thing to do is make a complaint if someone is enforcing incorrect rules or you get incorrectly slayed.

• Content Count:  6213

if you're directly rebelling, IE running where you aren't supposed to, shoot them in the head if you want. If they're all supposed to be IN the water and one is on the ledge of the water...obviously a warning shot / verbal warning situation. Not a big deal. If someone is rebelling in a way that would make you lose track of them, and overall makes your job as a CT harder because you have to shift your focus from the main group of T's to the rebelling T, that would be directly disobeying and KOS.

^

@Bubblez you can PM me or post a complaint if you have any issues with what happened.

Reply to Thread