? servers

? players online

Will Half Life 3/ Half Life 2 Ep. 3 Happen?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Will Half Life 3/ Half Life 2 Ep. 3 Happen?

Half Life 3

• Content Count:  6242

I guess this has to do with the recent SteamDB find of HL3?

I'm skeptical of any sort of release if anything on it.

The big thing here is if they did want to do it, they may have missed their opportunity to do so. What do I mean? Half-life 1 came out when I was in high school. Half-life 2 hit 2 years after high school. Half-life 3 Ep. 2 came out right before my kid was born. Yes I am fucking old and I know it. But heres the thing, most people who played these games when they were new, are most of your guys ages then and are now me and fucking old as shit and don't play anymore. I consider myself a rare breed that has kept playing, not no where near what I used to but you guys know I can still hold it down. Anyone who was amped for this game is in a different frame of life right now. (or at least I hope)

They are about 4-5 years too late to capitalize on the popularity of the older games. Like it was stated earlier, they are in a Duke Nukem gray area where it will be difficult for it to be successful. Hell I'm even skeptical on the upcoming Doom game. Let alone that I'd probably would have to replay all the games again just to remember what the story was, I'm really no longer invested in seeing it made.

Yes I know a lot of you kiddos has recently discovered this game, but as far as a game goes, it broke ground when it was new, now its very basic and nostalgic. They would have to change the feel that it would have had if it did come out 4-5 years ago.

There was a discussion a while ago that at this point Valve really should not do it because it had been so long. The reasons above where the main points but from another points that aren't as prevalent, mostly the company itself isn't what it used to be. Most of the employees aren't game developers, or at least seasoned ones with the series. The game would be not what people would or even should expect.

Ideally, if they were going to do it, after the success for Portal 2 should have been the time. Not jumping to Dota 2. While Dota 2 has been successful, it has caused the companies full focus since beta. I doubt many could transition to a FPS game development without having issues.

Another reason I'd rather not see it, is I'd rather not be disappointed. Kinda why I almost wished Star Wars wasn't continuing, I don't want to be disappointed in it.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread