? servers

? players online

International school. Anyone been to one?

• Content Count:  163

This is just something I love talking about as it's given me such an experience to travel around the world and see so many different places while studying. :d

Has anyone else gone to international schools or study abroad from where they are from? :) If so, and if you don't mind. Why not post it in the thread? :d

As well as that, the thing that gave me inspiration to make the post was this link and i can honestly relate to quite a lot of them:

http://thetab.com/uk/warwick/2016/02/25/really-like-going-international-school-13241

• Content Count:  2262

I been to one and most of it is true.........except my classmate that have rich parents always beg people for chips and cookies since they only sell it by the Oil station and other school nearby (our international school is a small mansion with over 30-40 people with 7 grades)

• Like 1
Edited by BlackWhite

just don't be the stereotypical international student. that only hangs out with other international students.

nah, i go to a government school now. :) And not gonna lie i sort of was liek that. Mainly because the only people i knew WERE international school stuedents (at the time). But now most of my life is on the internet and this is why my friends are. :d

• Content Count:  1546

Well, I went from a 7 hour school day in the states to a 14 hour school day here in Korea, doubling the amount and honestly, it's quite stressing. On the bright side, we have 30 min - hourly breaks for lunch and dinner, and in between classes. It's really a great time to get to know others and make great friends. Afterall, you're spending most of your days in school rather than at home. I do not attend an international school but they're pretty much the same as public schools except that they have dorms. Most international schools here are filled with kids who were born and raised in Korea. They attend to learn different cultures/languages, or they're just probably rich af. Some of the schools serve different kinds of meals from around the world, I hear. But I feel like public schools are better because it kind of forces you in a way to learn the language here, faster than in an international school where they speak mostly English.

• Content Count:  659

Well, I went from a 7 hour school day in the states to a 14 hour school day here in Korea, doubling the amount and honestly, it's quite stressing.

WHAT?!!! how is that even possible? 14 hours hours holy shit. I feel kinda bad for you ;-;

Well, I went from a 7 hour school day in the states to a 14 hour school day here in Korea, doubling the amount and honestly, it's quite stressing. On the bright side, we have 30 min - hourly breaks for lunch and dinner, and in between classes. It's really a great time to get to know others and make great friends. Afterall, you're spending most of your days in school rather than at home. I do not attend an international school but they're pretty much the same as public schools except that they have dorms. Most international schools here are filled with kids who were born and raised in Korea. They attend to learn different cultures/languages, or they're just probably rich af. Some of the schools serve different kinds of meals from around the world, I hear. But I feel like public schools are better because it kind of forces you in a way to learn the language here, faster than in an international school where they speak mostly English.

Depends really, i went to international schools as i had to move around a lot. So learning the local language wasn't really top of my priority list. Luckily as well the countries where i did study in i already knew the language (Chinese mandarin) apart from when i lived in Qatar... trying to learn arabic...? nah. XD how ever i know how to swear in arabic though. XD

• Content Count:  3440

I did the whole study abroad thing in 2013 I spent the summer in Rio de Janeiro.

TBH I was just looking for an excuse and a cheap way to get back to Brasil.

I applied for scholarships and was able to go for only the cost of the flight and whatever food or gifts I bought while I was there.

Best way to earn college credits.

Reply to Thread