? servers

? players online

Giveaway (Paradox game)

• Content Count:  11725

the rule of a paradox is that there is no true answer.

the classic paradox that represents most time travel paradox is the grandfather paradox, which is basically what you stated in the second paradox

basically, the idea of, if you go into the past to change something, then you never would've had the need to change it, so you never would've gone back into the past to change it, so it never would've been changed.

as such, in order for this game to be fair you must do one of two things:

1: change the paradox in such way as to make it have a definite end

or

2: make a riddle disguised as a paradox

the first one is horribly worded but let's assume that "it" is pinnochio's nose

if he says that it will grow, it's not a lie, it is an assumption. if you were to state it as if it was not an assumption, even then it's simple. him saying that his nose will grow is not a lie inherently, since if it doesn't grow, it will be a lie, which means it WILL grow, ending the chain there, his statement came true, his nose WAS going to grow, with the only reason it not growing being that his statement came true. there is no back and forth here, there's no return to "the original statement was true therefore his nose doesn't grow" since the state of it being a lie already came about. bad wording but you can decipher it and my intention from this i'm sure

the second one is old af and has literally only one answer: alternate timelines. this shit was explained in back to the future. when a time-changing event comes about it separates the timeline, and once you proceed into the future it runs down the timeline in which the change occurred.

the best way to explain it is with a handy dandy graph

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14939[/ATTACH]

the third one is a riddle not a goddamn paradox FUCK

the answer is one of two things

"If I answer correctly, you will let him go."

or, the more common answer

"If I answer incorrectly, you will eat him."

where the fuck is my prize

Oh going back in time creates a whole new world line. =)

Steins;Gate is calling.

Reply to Thread