? servers

? players online

Buckethead is the greatest guitarist of all time, show me a better one!

• Content Count:  52

And your defense of

was better? Your not telling me as to WHY Jack White is a worse guitarist, more so just trying to shrug him off and make him go away.

Your right, I am judging him by what hes wearing. You don't judge a guitarist by just how fast they play, you judge them by EVERYTHING. Your probably going to try to tell me that Dragonforce is the most amazing thing ever because it just sounds so amazing. Yea, well that would suck for you, because it turns out they can't even play their song, they need a recording of it in the background. I've read what I've written, and I stand by it. Just because you spew out random notes doesn't make you a great guitarists. It takes soul and emotion to make a song, which Buckethead doesn't have. He just stands there, playing. No emotion, and no singing. Jack White sings, plays guitar, and plays piano. Buckethead just seems to randomly stop playing and then start playing something new.

Ok. I never said Jack white was a bad guitarist. It's just the way I've grown up, whenever I heard a White Stripes song, I burst out laughing uncontrollably.

Also, it looks like you wanted to argue about Dragonforce for some reason, and decided to make it out that like them(I mean, Herman Ri is cool, but...) so you could spew out more worthless namecalling and arguments(I admit I did it too, but after you...which doesn't make it right of course but ah well). Also, you know nothing about music if you think there has to be vocals to show emotion, and how someone plays guitar can't show it.

Also, I'm not some all musical genious either. I just know enough to understand why Vocals don't=feeling.

Also, the names of some of his songs help show what it's about(for example, the song "For Mom" or, "I love my Parents")

Edited by A.C. Slater

• Content Count:  2433

I didn't say that vocals show emotion, emotion can be shown in many ways. Buckethead, however, fails to show emotion in any way. And saying lolwhitestripes means Jack White is a bad guitarist, because theres only two people in that band, Jack being the major. I don't know what kind of lifestyle you live that where you laugh when you hear a White Stripes song, but that would lead me to assume you love hard music. You still have failed to tell me why they are worse than Buckethead. The White Stripes make music, Buckethead just plays the guitar. Yawn.

I didn't say that vocals show emotion, emotion can be shown in many ways. Buckethead, however, fails to show emotion in any way. And saying lolwhitestripes means Jack White is a bad guitarist, because theres only two people in that band, Jack being the major. I don't know what kind of lifestyle you live that where you laugh when you hear a White Stripes song, but that would lead me to assume you love hard music. You still have failed to tell me why they are worse than Buckethead. The White Stripes make music, Buckethead just plays the guitar. Yawn.

Well it seems really I'm not arguing against the white stripes, but more to showing how Buckethead is amazing even with just a guitar(he plays Bass too by the way...). Also, the drummer can't keep a beat to save her life(seriously, if you listen to this after listening to other bands that have good drummers like Rush or The Who, you will understand, she is terrible. I could keep a beat better then her). Jack White is a good guitarist, I admit, but he just isn't up to par with Buckethead, and if you actually watched my videos, you would understand. It's hard to explain, because I am no guitarist, but he can play fast or slow and still make it good. It's better explained through the music, I recommend you listen.

Alex Lifeson From RUSH.

Ok, Rush is, has been, and always will be my favorite band. I grew up listening to Rush, I've been to 2 of their concerts(both were from Snakes and Arrows, just because I wasn't alive 34 years ago). I love Alex Lifeson. He is easily my second favorite guitarist(my favorite is Brian May actually...). But I'm just saying, Buckethead is a better "technically" at guitar. He can play things Alex can't(from what we've seen of Alex, he IS in a band, and he has to write and play to the songs, not like Buckethead who does everything alone). I like pretty much every Rush album more then I like any Buckethead album, but I still admit Buckethead is one of the best guitarists(better then Hendrix ever was, same with Jimmy Page, both of these guys were amazing at their time, but people expand and learn new ways of doing things) of all time.

Also, 2112(album and song...)>any Buckethead song/album

This is the "Can of worms" that I was referring to A.C. Slater.

Yeah....should of seen it coming. Ah well, please don't lock it yet...I think we stopped the argument for now...

Edit- Yes I know it's both our faults...

• Content Count:  4263

So you didn't like this guy (who, by the way, i've never even heard of before) because people had told you he was good, then you downloaded all his stuff (you've listened through 40 albums and they're all quality? does buckethead just sit in his house all day playing guitar down a mic, then cutting and pasting it) and now suddenly he is the greatest guitarist who has ever lived /played?

A good guitarist isn't simply one who can stand there on stage and just play a guitar by himself (he also has some random guys who seem to play some little melodies in the background). Thats just called jamming. The best guitarists could tie their guitar in with complicated songs, and perform improv guitar solos which would still fit perfectly into the song, and could play a vast range of different styles (look at Brian May for example). Its also about stage prescense, making the crowd hang off every note of your guitar.

Some of the great guitar solos (no partic order, limited by what i could find):

David Gilmour (Pink Floyd)

Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin) http://youtube.com/watch?v=go8dpmBxGcQ

Jimmy Hendrix http://youtube.com/watch?v=BCwCBh0z3Hs

Eric Clapton (Cream) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkm9OiYvmPc&feature=related

I'm not meaning this as an attack on buckethead, but i am disagreeing that he is "more skilled then Jimmy Page ever dreamed of being".

• Content Count:  178

Zomg Comfortably Numb solo is the best guitar solo ever in a song in my opinion :001_tt1:. Especially the pulse solo version. So much emotions are put in this song and solo. :crying:

I wouldn't agree that Buckethead is the greatest guitar player ever though. He is very good at shred though, I'll give you that.

• Content Count:  6712

Herman Li of Dragonforce W000T!

Probably not the best and I'm probly gonna experience some "anti Dragonforce" comments but hey, they make GREAT SONGS, not as good live but its hard to recreate something so great. The mix of great vocals and great guitaring is a good bridge for me, guitaring isn't enough alone for me and neither is singing without any backing music/guitar etc.

White Stripes wise....I think they are boring. Decent guitar.......absolutely boring vocals, ok band...maybe.

Reply to Thread