? servers

? players online

Buckethead is the greatest guitarist of all time, show me a better one!

• Content Count:  52

Sorry to not comment, but the guys making comments like "lolz buckethead" or "jimi hendrix is teh bestest evar" seriously have not listened to buckethead. Also, for the 40 album thing, yes I have listened to every song(not in a way I can name most of them, but in a way that I just put it on and let it go). I really think there isn't any "low quality" songs on his discography. Also, this happened over the course of months, not just "one day I decided to download his stuff, and the next hour I loved him...". Finally, David Gilmour is not even close to the best guitarist of all time, or Eric Clapton. Do you guys know who Steve Vai is if Buckethead is too abstract?

• Content Count:  437

I happen to think that the greatest Guitarist in the World is Michael Romeo.

1114d1134793794-michael-romeo-michaelromeo.jpg

Nobody looks cooler playing and teaching how to play guitar than him.

Neo-Classical to the Max

54eZyO3cdGg

Hammering Goodness

PG2804ggsI0&

Just Pure Awesome

jaSrfJGXOUQ&

His Speed and technique is BRILLIANT!

• Content Count:  868

Pure skill from Michael Angelo Batio again before he became a solo act. That thing must weigh a tonne.

EDIT: Funny story by the way, the quad guitar you see in the video was stolen. Eventually half of the quad guitar, the top two guitars(which are 7 string guitars while the bottom two are 6 string guitars), was returned to Batio when found.

[Youtube]P-XfnkLdkjo[/Youtube]

Edited by BOOWY

• Content Count:  4263

Sorry to not comment, but the guys making comments like "lolz buckethead" or "jimi hendrix is teh bestest evar" seriously have not listened to buckethead. Also, for the 40 album thing, yes I have listened to every song(not in a way I can name most of them, but in a way that I just put it on and let it go). I really think there isn't any "low quality" songs on his discography. Also, this happened over the course of months, not just "one day I decided to download his stuff, and the next hour I loved him...". Finally, David Gilmour is not even close to the best guitarist of all time, or Eric Clapton. Do you guys know who Steve Vai is if Buckethead is too abstract?

I think my other issue was that i've seen people playing guitar hero with more passsion than what he looks like he is doing

I think my other issue was that i've seen people playing guitar hero with more passsion than what he looks like he is doing

I don't know how to explain it. I guess it's just the meaning behind the songs that makes me see him playing with passion. Like for songs titled "For Mom" or "I love my Parents", it just seems those songs mean something to him, and he's playing for them. Also, even though I used emotion to describe him in the first post(I still stick by that), if you don't think he's emotional, he's still one of the greatest guitarists of all time.

He probably just heard that "Jordan in GH2 was one of the hardest songs to play, therefore devoting himself to Buckethead.

Totally, thanks for pretty much getting rid of any credibility you have after that comment. Seriously, I haven't even played Guitar Hero II before(started my rhythm gaming career with Rock Band, then bought GHIII), and even if I did, it wouldn't matter, because I didn't even reference GH2 or Jordon at all.

Please, give it up and just admit you haven't listened to Buckethead at all and can't base an opinion on him.

• Content Count:  1933

Gray, even if he did hear it from GuitarHero how would it make him any less of a fan? Its total bs that people think that just because you like a band from a video game you're a less of a fan than them.

Sol

I stopped caring about this thread, I'm just throwing out ideas.

Don't post if you don't have anything to add please, it's considered spam and spamming is against the rules.

Also, I agree with SOLANUM. If someone listens to a band in guitar hero, and they like the band now and want to get into them, isn't that a GOOD thing? I mean, they get to listen to new, better music, and they get to enjoy guitar Hero. It seems win-win to me.

Reply to Thread