? servers

? players online

Building new PC

• Content Count:  6084

the motherboard fsb runs at 1333/1066

but it doesnt really matter since you can just overclock it all if you have enough cooling

my motherboard is running at 1500fsb right now and my cpu has an 8x multiplier that works on a 375 clock speed giving me 3ghz total speed

anyways, on the ram issue, i found other ddr3 1333 ram with tighter timings that you could use, but you can still stick with the fatality

and i see the deal now, it may save some money

but as you just spent $1500 on car repairs, why dont you wait a couple weeks to get back up, as you appear to be patient enough( since you did wait for the new ATi cards)

you're looking to build a good computer, do not have buyer's remorse, or try to rush through things just to get a computer

and on the issue of overclocking, most of the time, overclocking does not do anythin to your parts (unless you go oc to 20ghz your cpu, thats another issue)

when you install, your mobo will automatically put everything on "fail-safe" settings, so your ram might clock at 800, stuff like that, after you've done the os install and all the drivers are installed you can either go on using the pc, or clock everythin back to the optimum settings, or overclock

for you, i'd recommend that IF that mobo clocks some parts at lower speeds then they should be, clock them back up in the bios settings

if you ever do feel like oc, it's just in the bios settings also, but this process is more like touch-and-go, etc

if you need help, i might be here, or not, depending on the time

The case comes with 3X 200mm fans, a 120mm fan and that's not including the one that comes with the PCU.

The other thing I like about the motherboard is that it is very OC friendly, and has lots of information available in the BIOS, as well as the ability to flash it over from a USB flash drive. It isn't indeed the fastest, but it can be made tighter by OCing and eventually buying another stick or two of RAM or eventually a more powerful videocard if I am ever compelled to do so in later years.

• Content Count:  240

lol, you're way off on the case fans

you have 2 front 120x120x25mm fans and a top fan thats 200x200x(something)mm

most market boards let you have the ability to oc, and you chose asus, and thats a norm for oc

a good thing is that you have ATi, so if you do want to be another gfx card to crossfire it, they dont need to be matchin cards, are two crossfire-enabled cards can work together, (so it could be 4850 and 6780

and please dont use the stock CPU cooler, you'll regret it later if you ever try to oc

plus you do want to gain the lowest temps possible for your pc

do you mean CPU when you say PCU?

lol, you're way off on the case fans

you have 2 front 120x120x25mm fans and a top fan thats 200x200x(something)mm

most market boards let you have the ability to oc, and you chose asus, and thats a norm for oc

a good thing is that you have ATi, so if you do want to be another gfx card to crossfire it, they dont need to be matchin cards, are two crossfire-enabled cards can work together, (so it could be 4850 and 6780

and please dont use the stock CPU cooler, you'll regret it later if you ever try to oc

plus you do want to gain the lowest temps possible for your pc

do you mean CPU when you say PCU?

No I meant the PSU fan, wasn't thinking. For stock running is the fan that comes with the Q9550 good enough with that much ventilation?

• Content Count:  240

no, since none of that moving air will do anything as your the stock heatsink is blocked by the RAM sticks

you would need a good heatsink to be able to stay cooled with just the antec case fans ( such as t.r.u.e.), and it would work better with an aftermarket heatsink/fan

you cpu should stay okay on stock settings with the stock cooler, but the ventilation won't do much for the cpu temp

no, since none of that moving air will do anything as your the stock heatsink is blocked by the RAM sticks

you would need a good heatsink to be able to stay cooled with just the antec case fans ( such as t.r.u.e.), and it would work better with an aftermarket heatsink/fan

you cpu should stay okay on stock settings with the stock cooler, but the ventilation won't do much for the cpu temp

I'm going to purchase the bulk of the components tomorrow, but I will keep the temp in mind as I probably won't have any reason to OC for a while, and I'll check the BIOS regularly to monitor the temp. (A nifty trick my old motherboard could never do.)

From what I've read the PSK3 is a good deal and does support DDR3 well. If you can fire a name off a name of a motherboard that is superior and can support all the features I've already chosen then please do, but for that price I don't think I could do much more right now, besides maybe do a crossfire system (which could possibly not fit) and buying another 4 GB of ram.

Reply to Thread