? servers

? players online

Strange "Skins"

• Content Count:  6712

My brother doesn't play zombie anymore and he plays in some random community playing de_dust and whatever else.

They all had this "skin" which goes in the materials folder of css and does well, something that I thought was a hack.

He agreed and deleted it out of fear of another VAC Ban, but it sort of wandered me if it was possible that a skin could do something like this.

No screenshots because he already deleted it but basically ct players were plain blue skins and t players were plain red skins. The walls were just outlines. You could see through all the walls whilst seeing the outlines of them all. To add to that, smoke grenades were just dots floating around.

It didn't have any hack menu or anything and it worked on maps like dust,dust2,office,militia and that and I was wandering whether something like this would be undetectable because it is a skin for the walls, players, smoke grenades etc, the only detection is that you see them killing people they couldn't know was there.

I don't want to know because I wanna use it, I just get suspicious that people could be using these, apparently the community had been using them undetected for 3 months.

• Content Count:  156

Yeah you could be banned for this. It would take a few weeks even a few months for them to issue the ban though, making you believe you have gotten away with it.

• Content Count:  1011

ive playd dust 2 with those skinns befor

the blue skin goes to the player with most kills on ct

and red goes for player with highest scor on the t team

alot of d2 servers do that and its no big deal and you cant be accidently banned for hacking because you have them in your folders

• Content Count:  2959

Yeah you could be banned for this. It would take a few weeks even a few months for them to issue the ban though, making you believe you have gotten away with it.

AHAHAHAHHAHAHA no.

VAC will only ban for something which alters or interferes with the game DLLs or executables. Custom skins, maps, vmt files, textures, none of those will EVER set off VAC.

• Content Count:  6242

AHAHAHAHHAHAHA no.

VAC will only ban for something which alters or interferes with the game DLLs or executables. Custom skins, maps, vmt files, textures, none of those will EVER set off VAC.

Actually some skins have worms in them that to a non-computer person wouldn't notice anything wrong with but they mess something up in the game and cause to be vac banned. This happened to one of our regs fairyluvver.

• Content Count:  2959

ANYTHING can have a virus/worm thrown in it, you may as well use that argument to suggest not having a computer at all. Stick with reasonable caution, download from well travelled and regulated sites (FPSB or the steam forums come to mind) and just use a virus scanner/spybot or something regularly and youll be fine.

Yeah I don't really bother downloading any skins but my brother does and he got this off some site with "cheats" in the address so yeah pretty stupid........

Still I'm glad that he went and deleted it himself now I don't have to bother.

• Content Count:  156

Yeah I don't really bother downloading any skins but my brother does and he got this off some site with "cheats" in the address so yeah pretty stupid........

Still I'm glad that he went and deleted it himself now I don't have to bother.

Looks like you my friend, maybe did download a wallhack.:closedeyes:

Looks like you my friend, maybe did download a wallhack.:closedeyes:

well I didn't my brother did (just to clear that up).

Anyway it did seem like that, because the walls were literally invisible, not like the ones where you just see people through normal skinned walls etc.

Still......if VAC won't ban for it server admins will, which is why I'm not using it. Plus the fact that hacking is pointless, especially in zombie maps???

Reply to Thread