? servers

? players online

Senior Project

• Content Count:  501

Not sure if everyone here knows what a "Senior Project" is, so for those of you who don't.... A senior project is a self created and thought up project that a senior in high-school can do. Many colleges look at these senior projects and can impact your % of being accepted into the college you would like to go to.

I was thinking of making a presentation in front of the entire 2,000 people in my school of the video called

This is a video that went viral earlier this year, and is an emotional video about labeling people. After this video, I was going to discuss the importance of not labeling people, even if it's just a joke. One thing I would say would be how I used to cry my self to sleep and want to commit suicide because some of the labels I used to be given. I would talk about how when people used to call me a "faggot" or used to say something that someone was doing was "gay", it would hurt me, even though they were just saying it because it's become so "normal" for people to use those terms when they want to insult someone. I would go into deeper discussion about labeling later...

I am scared to do this as my senior project, because although I have already come out as gay on here, I have yet to do it publicly. I'm that quiet & shy, but well-liked kid, who gets straight A's, but never opens himself up. By speaking about how being labeled "fag" and "gay" affected me, it will be me coming out basically. My twin will be there watching...judging....and I myself will most likely be labeled. I just need some advice on whether this project is worth the sacrifice I'm making.

• Content Count:  1671

From what my parents have told me throughout the years. "Be yourself and show everyone out there that you are the bigger person, even if they judge you. Let it show them that it doesn't and will never hurt you again. You are your own person and you are unique in every way." Don't let anyone tell you to be someone else just because of what you think. People who use these terms are dealing with something as well. They want to fit in with everyone else because they feel good about it. Its your call to do this project. 2,000 people is a huge deal but if there is anyone in that crowd, then it can help them as well as you. You can show them that there's nothing to be afraid. Don't be afraid to show who you truly are. Cus' in the end, it shows and many or someone will care about you no matter what happens

• Like 2

• Content Count:  4441

From reading your thread as someone with massive anxiety & depression problems, you look like you have similar issues. IMO Don't do it. Listen and read what I'm going to say very closely. Keep that shit to your close friends because after High School you're going to find yourself interacting with half of those fucks that made you miserable very rarely. As for coming out to your family (depending on their political and religious beliefs) I'm sure they won't give a fuck. Anyway coming out in late-October of your Senior year is silly in my opinion. I would only do this if and only if you honestly feel like it's going to lift a weight off your shoulders and make your life far more worth living. By the time you get into College no one honestly cares that you're gay and you will feel much more at peace. Anyway you don't owe anyone the truth but.. you do owe yourself some peace of mind, you have to make the decision for yourself. Anyway if you're feeling down hit me up on Steam and we can talk. Good luck. :balloonicorn:

• Like 1

• Content Count:  179

yo do it funky. seems like you are really thinking about this, and putting actual effort into your project. my brother put next to know effort on his senior project and barely passed. remember if you think someone will judge you, or hate on you just say "i dont give a shit."

• Like 1

Reply to Thread