? servers

? players online

Really confused/annoyed - Mics/headsets

• Content Count:  6712

I need these things to get to know anyone.......and well they are driving me insane.

They break so easilly, I must of had about 10 between the ps3 and pc in under a year.

The first ones seemed to work, but now I am having the same problems.

On the ps3 I have a bluetooth headset, its a little thing that goes on one ear with a mic and small speaker. The mic works fine but the speaker has terrible volume. To solve this I could make it so that my TV is the speaker device, but because the bluetooth headset is designed so that nothing gets in your way, you are talking into a reciever which is nowhere near your mouth, and the TV's sound is going into the mic causing massive feedback crap. To stop the feedback it has to be on a volume that I can't hear at all, so its completely stupid, another waste of £20.

Then there is my PC mic which angers me EVEN MORE. :cursing::cursing::cursing:

Never had a problem until recently. I have literally all my volume settings on full unless there is some super hidden setting, and yet no one can hear me on the mic unless I shout into it. I bought a new mic to fix the problem but it hasn't gone at all and I'm pulling my hair out..........

any..........tips...........other than spend even more money (its totaled about £120 pound now)......

• Content Count:  2994

SAME HERE! my xbox Live headset doesnt even work when i bought it. my mic flashes wich means im talkin but im not hearing any one.! i dont understand!!!

Get a new audio card. :d

Well my computer is under a year and a half old, that really can't be the problem. Besides its only a problem with my headset, my speakers work fine.

• Content Count:  834

You really didnt tell us enough information. You should try some troubleshooting and find out specifically what your problem is. Then we might be able to forward you to some good solutions. But from what it sounds like with the info you did give, it must be your audio card or your audio drivers. Just because the audio output part of your card works, doesnt mean the audio input does. And the age of your computer means nothing, for all I know your computer came with a crappy integrated card that has become corrupted by now.

Hm.....

Well the audio input does actually work, I just have to shout (not a solution tbh).

To be honest...I don't know what my audio card is...from what I see "SigmaTelAudio" seems to be something...........

Driver wise I have a recently updated version of...........ATI Radeon..what it is I don't really know.

Sorry I can't really provide more information.....I'm not really much of a technical guy. If you told me how to find it I most likely could though

Reply to Thread