? servers

? players online

mel's storytime thread: #1 - weird tales about trips to public trading post

• Content Count:  115

okay, im thinking about doing a storytime thread weekly thing where i give a topic and just let stories flow, aka a non original idea that im going to act like that hasn't been done already.

:eagerllama:

anyway, the topic for today is: "On my way to the store..." or "weird tales about trips to public trading posts"

any stories u have that involve:

- weird encounters at shops or way to shops

- awkward actions or stupid stunts pulled at a store

- etc.

any length is cool, but make it interesting! and with out further ado, ill share one that was quite recent. have fun! :bae:

~x~

to start, you should understand where i used to live in jersey (New Jersey, for those not from NA). i lived upwards of union county, and the town i was in specifically, we'll just call it Netherwood, was kinda the tipping point between the jersey you see on tv and more of a "rich-upper class" stereotypical society. basically, a west side / east side of the tracts type of deal and i was centered on the better side of town.

not to say, like i was completely above the "other side of the tracks**". i'd been around the block enough and got a taste of both sides and honestly had no real trouble with crossing the tracts on the daily.

which brings me to where this starts.

local pizza joint is a couple of blocks away, and i decided it was a good enough day to go out to go pick up a sub and a few slices. called in my order and took out the door, but not before running into an "old friend"...

to imply me and this person were even friends at one point is as debatable as if theres more then 2 genders, but i digress. "khalid", as we will refer to him, was your stereotypical class act of 2 parts hood-rat ghetto, 1 part a chill ass stoner bro which made him a bit more of a friendly person at times away from his ghetto ass antics.

this though wasn't one of those times.

it was beyond me why in the name of fuck he was waiting outside my door like he knew i was coming outside for once in a blue moon that wasn't for either work, shopping, school, or chilling at a neighbor's house for some pizza, kush, and Eric Andre. honestly, had i not been hungry, i probably would have asked him why, but it wasn't like that would help because the second he saw my face, his instantly lit up with a cheeky, smug, shit-eating grin and starting blabbering to me about "needing some cash".

not having much on me besides the money i already had to pay for the food and a drink at the corner store, i "politely" shoved him off and told him to get his broke ass a job to pay off the money he already owed me.

khalid obviously wasn't having it and made it clear with his consistent badgering for majority of my stroll to the shop, and had i actually been more of an ass and just told him to bugger off so i can get my shit in peace, i maybe could have avoided the on coming, unknown events soon to transpire.

turns out, khalid owed more people then i had though. he had been piggy backing off one too many joints from his "friends" and they had planned to "come to a justified agreement" with him if he couldn't pay the kids back.

(honestly... when did my life turn into a bad sitcom with this bullshit.)

to make matters worse, as we walked into the place guess who by fate happened to be seated near the door, eyeing khalid and i. here's a hint: its not the pope. for as little as i knew these kids that khalid had been chipping off of, it became more then obvious when they stood the up, walked over to the both of us, and curled up a fist ready to sock me into an actual female.

(to be honest, it happened a lot slower then it sounds now, but honestly, when you got 3 burly gentlemen in front of you, possibly ready to kick your ass, who's keeping track of time?)

anyway, a fight was inevitable and i was 16 at the time. was i ready for an ass whoopin' at 2:30 on a saturday? at 16, hell yes! yet, unfortunately, i wasn't actually on the menu for dealing out or getting served on a plate and they graciously spared me and went straight for khalid. one socked em' in the gut, the other grabbed him by the arm, and the biggest one starting brawling with him as my friend "tried" to keep himself on his feet and continually punched and scrapped back at the assailants.

now, i get it. "a good friend would have gotten in there and fought them as well!"

... you honestly don't know me if you really think my ass is about to throw away my chances at having an intact facial structure for this kid of all people. remember how i mentioned that we haven't been even considered friends in a while? well, if you could guess it, it was because of something in a similar situation. i.e: me getting my ass beat and him sitting there. doing. nothing.

so, yeah... not gonna even try helping him out. the "fight" if you can even call it that lasted less the a two minutes as someone near by grabbed onto two of the other kids and khalid had apparently gotten up. i say apparently, because i had already been gone down the block and it was posted to instagram at the very second it started, provided by some other viewers in the shop.

so, i guess the moral of the story is: don't order peppers on your meatball parm, because it taste good going down, but an hour later, it comes back to kill ya' :3

**edit: thanks delirium~

Edited by melancholy
bleh, im not a speller, lol

• Content Count:  115

I'd also like to say there are no more than 2 genders and there's no debate about it.

melancholy you still didn't fix it.

this part?

not to say, like i was completely above the "other side of the tracks**". i'd been around the block enough and got a taste of both sides and honestly had no real trouble with crossing the tracts on the daily.

also yeah that's the point, him and i aren't friends, there is no debate lol

• Content Count:  5381

a west side / east side of the tracts type of deal and i was centered on the better side of town.

:)

Edited by idealist

• Content Count:  5381

'basically, a west side / east side of the tracks type of deal and i was centered on the better side of town.'

not to say, like i was completely above the "other side of the tracks**". i'd been around the block enough and got a taste of both sides and honestly had no real trouble with crossing the tracks on the daily.

so wait, how would i fit that in this??

ftfy

Reply to Thread