? servers

? players online

IOC refuses to doubt underage gymnasts

• Content Count:  6712

Yes that is why Michael Phelps didn't win as many golds until now.

Think about it, if the USA had a gold medal gymnast at the age of 14, I think you wouldn't be complaining.

Just get over it....bias ftl

• Content Count:  5086

Why are you moaning over this being cheating???

Even IF they are under 16, please tell me how being under 16 helps them win gold??

It seems a bit silly that you are complaining about younger gymnasts beating you.........QQ.

Its not like you have a massive amount of medals, nearly 20 more golds than us :001_rolleyes:

As with Red says, in Gymnastics being younger means you can pull off harder stunts since your body isn't as physically worn down as a 20year old who has been training for 12+ years. Gymnastics also puts a lot of stress on the body and causes a lot of health problems hence the reason the age restriction was put in.

Edited by jeN

• Content Count:  2445

Think about it, if the USA had a gold medal gymnast at the age of 14, I think you wouldn't be complaining.

No, that'd be cheating, and I'd guarantee you if we were breaking the rules and won a gold medal China and other countries would be up in arms over it, and our gold medal would most likely be taken away. The Chinese need to be following the same standard we're following simply because that's the way Olympics rules are set up. As said by Jen and Red, being younger they are more fearless and therefore less likely to become nervous and screw up, and they are lighter so it is easier for them to pull off moves.

There are reasons for having such rules in the Olympics, and those rules need to be followed by all nations competing.

As with Red says, in Gymnastics being younger means you can pull off harder stunts since your body isn't as physically worn down as a 20year old who has been training for 12+ years. Gymnastics puts a lot of stress on the body and causes a lot of health problems hence the reason the age restriction was put in.

Er well I would of thought the age restriction is there more because of other reasons such as abuse.........but I dunno..

A diver is pretty much a gymnast, but there are barely any 14 year olds in it. There was one....and he came last in the synchro event. He has the individual to come, but will he get a medal??? If he did, it wouldn't be because he is young and has less body strain than a 20 year old, which is around the age of where you stop growing no??? Anything before that and you are growing, after that and you are aging....

There are so many scenarios where this claim makes no sense.

I'll leave it for you to moan about.....no point talking about something with no possible resolve because there is bias.

Edited by Lux

• Content Count:  6559

What the fuck? You're comparing swimming to gymastics?

Gymastics requires an enormous amount of METAL focus as well as physical

Swimming is more about being in shape and being in top shape. Phelps is at his prime physiologically, early 20s is peak time for muscle mass.

Failed comparison ftl

*and for the 100th time, cheating is still cheating. As stated before, you bet your fucking ass if the USA had ANY suspicions of cheating they'd be taking out and flogged.

I mean fuck, look at Lance Armstrong, he was constantly harassed even after being proven innocent. People just hate us that much.

You're a prime example "You guys are just being sore losers".

The rest of the world does it to us all the time.

Edited by Red

• Content Count:  5086

Er well I would of thought the age restriction is there more because of other reasons such as abuse.........but I dunno..

A diver is pretty much a gymnast, but there are barely any 14 year olds in it. There was one....and he came last in the synchro event. He has the individual to come, but will he get a medal??? If he did, it wouldn't be because he is young and has less body strain than a 20 year old, which is around the age of where you stop growing no??? Anything before that and you are growing, after that and you are aging....

There are so many scenarios where this claim makes no sense.

I'll leave it for you to moan about.....no point talking about something with no possible resolve because there is bias.

Just because you're ignorant about a subject doesn't change the fact that Gymnastics takes a very big toll on your body and yes it is different than diving. How could you even compare the two? The physical strength needed to maintain and constantly lift yourself compared to diving is pretty big..

Gymnasts start training very young, especially in a country such as China which has schools DEDICATED to just that. They train for majority of the day especially nearing big events. Gymnastics is known to stunt growth and puberty for females. Going through those hormonal changes also affects how a gymnast will compete. But hey, what would you know. =]

I don't see how I'm being biased on this, obviously you know nothing about Gymnastics and I know a great deal more. The Chinese are amazing gymnasts but they still cheated.

Why even comment on a subject you obviously know nothing about?

I don't see how I'm being biased on this, obviously you know nothing about Gymnastics and I know a great deal more. The Chinese are amazing gymnasts but they still cheated.

Why even comment on a subject you obviously know nothing about?

I'm not ignorant. Infact I myself did gymnastics for a year when I was younger, but I got growth pains around that time and well I shot up in height....then I quit.

You don't understand, I was talking more about Red Tampon.

Gun thread...

-America FUCK YEAH.

Olympics

-America FUCK YEAH.

Football

-America FUCK YEAH.

America lose

-WTF HAX....IMPOSSIBLE.

You know MAYBE cheated, but maybe consider other possibilities.

I'm just giving another side of how it is, and you, me or no one but the Chinese apparently don't know how old they are.

You want to think whatever makes you happier. You lost, ofcourse they cheated.

Red American's are just full of themselves. That is the truth.

If anyone thinks Lance Armstrong cheats after being tested positive then they are stupid.

But you don't seem to see that if we hate you it is your fault. I'm not a sore loser, I don't wish I was America winning more golds, or having a bigger army, or anything. But you think everyone does, and you are in everyones face.

Its all drama.....stop feeling sorry for yourselves you don't deserve special treatment and won't get it, unless you actually make yourselves get it, and half the time you do because you are AMERICA, FUCK YEAH.

That plus Luxz0rz continually mentions our "bias" but fails to note his own.

I'd like to know what my bias COULD BE. Our gymnastic team had nothing to do with this, they would of lost anyway, if they are even in it????

I don't like China any more than I like America, but to be fair I don't have to side with you. I just gave the possibility that China aren't lieing, because you went out and said they 100% ARE.

Just close the thread....I said what I said and I'm entitled to my opinion, which I guess is shared by alot of Non American's. It's not even about America, yet you turn it into a big sob story.

Edited by Lux

• Content Count:  4473

Gymastics requires an enormous amount of METAL focus as well as physical

METAL FOCUS FTW!!!!!!

metalmentoz4.jpg

Some here are just looking out for America, while others are just regurgitating Fox news most of the time. They know that it isn't 100% sure they cheated, but it is enough of a percentage in their heads to have doubt. They are common people and are entitled to make opinions that have no effect towards the issue at hand. It just makes them feel better to talk about it online. It's like yelling into a pillow basically.

Edited by Italian Jew

Reply to Thread