? servers

? players online

IOC refuses to doubt underage gymnasts

• Content Count:  5086

I started to read another article linked off that, apparently China's lied about gymnast ages before.

"Yang Yun of China won individual and team bronze medals at the 2000 Sydney Olympics and later said in an interview on state-run television that she had been 14 at the time of those Games. A Hunan Province sports administration report also said later that she had been 14 when she competed in Sydney."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/27/sports/olympics/27gymnasts.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1&hp&adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1218647075-owJ7gwIenC3bWIoaz4QHOA

• Content Count:  6559

Of course they wont look in to it. Those liberal Europeans wouldn't want to upset the Chicoms. Heaven forbid, it might result in the horrible rule abiding capitalist pig Americans taking home the gold. We can have big bad America showing off anymore.

The IOC Is a fucking appeasing joke.

Guest barackobama
It'll all be in the past when the Georgians decide to pull a Munich and kill the entire Russian soccer team. Good times.

They look 12!!

• Content Count:  4473

We wouldn't be talking about this if we had won. Since we lost, it is convenient that the Chinese may have lied about the ages, but we blame them because we don't want to blame ourselves even though our team screwed up.

• Content Count:  3440

We wouldn't be talking about this if we had won. Since we lost, it is convenient that the Chinese may have lied about the ages, but we blame them because we don't want to blame ourselves even though our team screwed up.

I don't disagree that the US didn't earn the Gold. However, Cheating is cheating and shouldn't be tolerated. They should properly investigate and if proven strip the gold medal. I don't care if the US keeps the silver, it's the act of cheating that shouldn't be tolerated.

• Content Count:  6559

Sorry, but...how is it cheating?

cheat[1,verb] :

2: to influence or lead by deceit, trick, or artifice

1 a: to practice fraud or trickery b: to violate rules dishonestly

The Olympics have rules for that say Gymnasts must be 16 when they compete in the Olympics.

Chinese gymnast

Other sports have different rules

We can be sore losers because we follow rules and China didn't. Not that that's anything new.

Don't know how much clearer I can make it.

Edited by Red

Reply to Thread