? servers

? players online

Michael Phelps

• Content Count:  2433

I don't think it means Red bulls and Amps. I think its more of some kinda shake.

And Spedo made the swimsuit for any one that wanted to use it. Its not just for Phelps.

That speedo's kinda hacks. People in the olden days didn't have it, seems an unfair advantage.

• Content Count:  1230

I know what he goes through, and he can eat all he wants. It really is hard to keep weight on when you swim for 6+ hours a day. I remember when I moved away from home and I didn't have mom feeding me, I had the reverse freshman 15. It wasn't that I wasn't eating it's just that I didn't have all the extra calories.

Anyway, the man is beast. He will be back in future Olympics, but I doubt he'll be doing as many events as he has. How long he stays competitive is up to him. Dara Torres has changed everything and proven that it's possible for older swimmers to be competitive. She's almost twice Michael's age.

• Content Count:  602

That speedo's kinda hacks. People in the olden days didn't have it, seems an unfair advantage.
Except everyone uses it.

I think he means with the records.. I watched one of the races, and 1st-5th place ALL beat thee world record. It's an unfair advantage to the swimmers now since the swimmers a few years ago didn't have. I think that's what he means.

• Content Count:  2433

I think he means with the records.. I watched one of the races, and 1st-5th place ALL beat thee world record. It's an unfair advantage to the swimmers now since the swimmers a few years ago didn't have. I think that's what he means.

Yea thats exactly what I mean. These new suits just seem to give an unfair advantage over the others.

• Content Count:  1230

Put Michael in an old school Speedo and I bet he'll still destroy everyone in the 400m IM

The suits does offer an advantage, but they've been around since the Australia Olympics. Of course they've been perfecting them ever since, but in the end the advantage it gives does not add up to the times people are putting up. Records aren't just being edge out they're being destroyed. At any given time of the race there are a number of people ahead of the line. Practice techniques have changed and humans slowly evolve and bodies change and adapt. A swimmers body isn't the same as a sprinters or a gymnast, and you can easily tell the difference between one who started recently and one who's been in the sport their entire life. The current breed of athletes is just better adapted to their sport.

Reply to Thread