? servers

? players online

Random Question of the Day [January 12th, 2018]

• Content Count:  211

In Philly there are some words that we say differently such as water. People pronounce it as Wah-ter ,but in Philly a lot of people pronounce it as wooder myself included. I also pronounce bagel as beggles and its something that i've never thought about until my cousin pointed it out this past Thanksgiving.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3740

when people say ‘irregardless’, ‘literally’ in the wrong form, or ‘all Intensive purposes’...i want to vomit from my ears.

[video=youtube_share;6ly1UTgiBXM]

I still use the word 'literally' wrong sometimes, mainly for overexaggeration purposes lol

• Content Count:  796

Is there a phrase/word you have been using the wrong way for a large period of time and only recently discovered that's not the way it's meant to be said/written?

For example, I sometimes still catch myself using 'I could care less' as I used that for a long while until someone told me that it's not the correct way of saying it lol.

Inflammable, and unflammable, I always confuse them

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Content Count:  796

In Philly there are some words that we say differently such as water. People pronounce it as Wah-ter ,but in Philly a lot of people pronounce it as wooder myself included. I also pronounce bagel as beggles and its something that i've never thought about until my cousin pointed it out this past Thanksgiving.
I grew up in south Jersey so I got the chimley, turbine and beggles, wuder, I don't say any of them besides wuder, but I think that's just an accent

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reply to Thread