? servers

? players online

World in Conflict

• Content Count:  602

ffWa4332Dj4

This video sends chills up my spine.

I played the game when I had it cracked, but now I'm, going to buy it because it's definetly worth the money!

Story: 10/10 (FUCKING EPIC STORYLINE, no big points on the storyline because it isn't that original but the way the story unfolds is just superb!)

Gameplay: 9/10 (Very good gameplay, you can choose a class -airforce,armor,infantry,artillery- but even though the amount of units you can have is limited, the battlefield is still going to look and feel awesome)

Feeling: 10/10 (Great movies, great sound, great music, all of this contribute to a great game overall)

Personally I think that World In Conflict is the best strategy game of these last few years, and I'm really looking forward to an expansion or to World in Conflict 2!

Edited by AndreiD

I played it ages ago and it bored the hell out of me. The storyline has been used in games and films for AGES, the graphics are alright at best and it's nothing compared to a Command and Conquer game.

So you're saying that the story in C&C3 was more captivating that the one in WIC ?

Also the graphics are the best I've seen in a RTS game. I know the graphics don't make the game, but they're a great plus. Even at medium detail the game looks good.

No, I'm saying the story in WIC has been used too many times for me to care over the past decade or so -- even in films.

Hell, I'd even say World War III: Black Gold was a better game than this, and that's one of my most hated.

Well, the story has been used, I will agree with you there, but the way it unfolds and captivates you just makes it worth while.

How much have you played of WIC Havok? I'm sure that if you try the campaign and watch through all the movies you'll feel more involved in the game.

The youtube I posted above is the intro for Mission 10 where you need to reconquer Governor's Island from the Russian Spetznas.

I played to the second mission and it crashed horribly during it, but it was in my favour because I hated it.

If you want to see a good Cold War "what if" story watch Red Dawn.

Done that.

So your problem was a dodgy game, I got a good cracked one, and now I want to buy the full game because I see it's only like 39$ in Romania and it's worth every penny.

I don't know Havok, when I first played this game, I got so taken away by it, I played for 17 hours strait, when the Russians invade Seattle it was so epic, and in the other missions you always had a higher up telling you over and over to push and take positions, it really felt like I was a commander there :p and the last game that gave me this feeling was Starcraft.

Edited by AndreiD

I thought Astrum told me that this game was made by the Westwood crew. The crew that was there before EA took over.

It's made by Massive Entertainment, I don't know if they are the old Westwood because Massive is owened by Sierra which is owned by Vivendi.

• Content Count:  2936

I did not like the multiplayer game play. Story line is only part of the package for a game. I can't really in good conscience authorize a game purchase where half the game is a dead stick. I've made that mistake too many times. Sudden strike 3 for example, great game play, horrid story, defunct multiplayer.

• Content Count:  2645

It's made by Massive Entertainment, I don't know if they are the old Westwood because Massive is owened by Sierra which is owned by Vivendi.

To answer your question. Before EA games took over the command and conquer series, the ORIGINAL games were developed by Westwood studios, co-founded by Brett Sperry and Louis Castle (Louis, who now works for EA games)

Here is a wiki link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westwood_studios

Reply to Thread