? servers

? players online

Making a map. Suggestions?

• Content Count:  9

Please don't call me abandon. Thanks for your suggestions. I can't use all of them or it will be too complex. That is never good. I'm trying to make it look good as well as play good. I've noticed good maps like electric begin to annoy me because of the texture glitches when doors open and things. The newest version of the map can be found at this ip 75.155.89.13:27015. It's only a dedicated server so expect some lag.

• Content Count:  2686

Righty, I looked at the map, I'm sure will improve it a lot, but here are the things I noticed.

1)Map is way too bright(do you have it on mat_fullbright1 ???)

2)I don't like the textures at all :/

3)There is a vending machine halfway through the wall

4)Outside near the football field the floor gets higher from one point and you can see wrong textures from the edge

5)I like the climb idea!

6)I like the pool corners ^_^

7)How do you open the armory from outside?

8)You should put the armory further away from the prisoners.

9)No vent or sewer?At least I didn't find it :d

9)I suggest you change the name of the map, there are already 3 other alcatraz maps!

Good luck with your map man!

• Content Count:  9

1)I haven't added any lighting. If you don't add lighting the map lights itself. I never noticed that it's too bright thanks for letting me know.

2)I haven't finished texturing yet. At the moment I am just trying to make it playable. Then I will textrue it.

3)The vending machine is supposed to be like that. Now that I think about it that idea seems kind of stupid. I will fix it.

4)I am already aware of this but thanks for noticing.

5)Thanks

6)Thanks

7)You shoot the little block above the door. In the next version I am going to retexture it so it's more noticable.

8)I'll try that idea

9)There is one. It's in the corner of the room with the jacuzzi.

9)I was in a rush to name it(I rename it every time there is a new version) I am already aware that there is 3 other alcatraz maps. Any suggestions for a name?

And I am almost certain the climb is too easy. So I removed the easy route so you can only use the difficult one.

Edited by Abbadon

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.