? servers

? players online

Gang Affiliation

• Content Count:  114

As is right now Gangs are in a weird spot. They serve almost no use other than bragging rights. 
I have a few ideas to make them more desirable.

-Gang Chat: if there was some command like !gc <message> that would allow you to communicate with fellow gang members online that would be semi cool. This would give users an incentive to be in a gang as it could serve as a “Gang up with your friends and unlock a special private in game chat” type shpeel. 

-Monthly Gang Rewards: If there was some reward for placing top 3 every month in gang leaderboards it would drastically increase how gangs are currently used. Some examples of rewards could be; a crown hat, a model, a month of basic (maybe around xmas), or maybe even some outside rewards like game keys or skins!

-Gang Icons: this is probably the hardest to implement, if there was a way to upload an (approved) image to your gang you could select gang cosmetics, for example a trail (similar to the SG trail) would follow you with your gangs logo. You could also implement something like how when guards or ts win and the last remaining people(s) are in the same gang the logo pops up and says <GANG> wins!

Thanks for listening and have a good day!

PS if you have any other suggestions lmk I’ll add em to this thread

• Like 1
Edited by Shy

• Content Count:  587

1 hour ago, Shy said:

Monthly Gang Rewards: If there was some reward for placing top 3 every month in gang leaderboards it would drastically increase how gangs are currently used. Some examples of rewards could be; a crown hat, a model, a month of basic (maybe around xmas), or maybe even some outside rewards like game keys or skins!

This is already a thing, the gang wars

1 hour ago, Shy said:

-Gang Icons: this is probably the hardest to implement, if there was a way to upload an (approved) image to your gang you could select gang cosmetics, for example a trail (similar to the SG trail) would follow you with your gangs logo. You could also implement something like how when guards or ts win and the last remaining people(s) are in the same gang the logo pops up and says <GANG> wins!

You could maybe do the trail thing as an award for a gang war similar to how cosmetics work but I wouldn’t see a point in working so hard to give everyone’s gang a custom icon, as for the last part I don’t really know how this would be implemented without lots of work from the tech team or outside devs

1 hour ago, Shy said:

Gang Chat: if there was some command like !gc <message> that would allow you to communicate with fellow gang members online that would be semi cool. This would give users an incentive to be in a gang as it could serve as a “Gang up with your friends and unlock a special private in game chat” type shpeel. 

This would work similarly to the /pm command we had for a brief moment on servers, they quite frankly don’t really do much and I am mostly speaking for myself but when I want to talk to someone on the servers I’d rather steam dm them then type in a chat that’s going to be moderated by admins who are online, just feels like a plugin that would be used for a day or two then forgotten about

• Like 3

• Content Count:  114

37 minutes ago, oSen said:

This is already a thing, the gang wars

You could maybe do the trail thing as an award for a gang war similar to how cosmetics work but I wouldn’t see a point in working so hard to give everyone’s gang a custom icon, as for the last part I don’t really know how this would be implemented without lots of work from the tech team or outside devs

This would work similarly to the /pm command we had for a brief moment on servers, they quite frankly don’t really do much and I am mostly speaking for myself but when I want to talk to someone on the servers I’d rather steam dm them then type in a chat that’s going to be moderated by admins who are online, just feels like a plugin that would be used for a day or two then forgotten about

Gang wars to my knowledge is not a regular event

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.