? servers

? players online

Contents of Brian Laundrie's notebook revealed, where he admits to the killing of Gabby Petito

• Content Count:  1438

Excuse the long title, but it's necessary imo.

Several outlets within the past hour broke the news that the attorney for the Laundrie family released the content of Brian Laundrie's notebook, which was found near his remains at the Carlton Reserve. According to Laundrie's attorney and the Petito family's attorney, neither families had read the notebook in its entirety, and were only briefly shown the contents regarding the confession.

Articles are describing a rough transcription of the notebook, which was partially water damaged. A portion of the confession reads,

“She would wake in pain, start her whole painful cycle again [illegible] furious that I was the one waking her. She wouldn’t let me try to cross the creek, thought like me that the fire would go out in her sleep and she’d freeze. I don’t know the extend of Gabby’s injuries, only that she was in extreme pain. I ended her life, I thought it was merciful, that it is what she wanted but I see now all the mistakes I made. I panicked, I was in shock. But from the moment I decided, took away her pain, I knew I couldn’t go on without her.”

So far, this is only a portion of the contents contained in the notebook, as is it still being determined who is the actual owner of the notebook (if it was Brian's, Gabby's, or combination of the two). If the Petitos' civil lawsuit against the Laundries' proceeds to a jury trial, the public may be able to see more evidence that may not have been otherwise presented.

Here are some links to the articles containing the information that was written in this post:

https://www.wfla.com/news/sarasota-county/who-owns-brian-laundries-notebook-that-contained-gabby-petito-confession/

https://www.wfla.com/news/sarasota-county/read-brian-laundries-notebook-confession-message-to-gabby-petito/

I'm not making light of the murder that occurred here, but what do you all think of this information that has come out? Has anyone's perception changed? Do you believe Laundrie killed Gabby due to an injury and that it was truly a mercy killing, or do you think otherwise? I'd like to see other's thoughts.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  461

My perception hasn't changed, this was a murder case that was so incredibly blown out of proportion because of the niche internet fame of the victim and the time it took to locate Mr. Laundrie. It seems the FBI has known this since January and just now released the notebooks to the public, as they had state before that they found evidence that he admitted to it then.

Edited by fozilla mirefox

• Content Count:  2167

Late but, I think it's definitely possible it was a mercy killing but it doesn't change the responsibility Brian had to not do it. He really didn't seem to be knowledgeable enough to make those decisions and the fact that he was able to get back to society means it was a big mistake regardless, she could've lived.

What he did next after getting back into society was the most criminal behavior possible. Sure there's innocent till proven guilty blah blah but the dude actively tried to hide what happened. Given the decomposing of her body it's tough to say what actually transpired and it's unfortunate we'll never actually know what happened, but I can believe he does regret it and she meant a lot to him.

This shit is why I ain't goin campin, all rationale gets thrown out the window. The whole "omg why follow the white woman people go missing all the time" stuff is bunk, the case was interesting for a ton of reasons, and even the conclusion was WTF. I'm sure there's going to be some big name documentary about this in 10 years.

Also the parents are so fucked in civil court.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread