? servers

? players online

[Jailbreak] Rank Systems Assessment

• Content Count:  5674

Hello everyone,

I've been meaning to get these feedback threads out faster, but I have a lot going on personally. Should be back to normal in like a week. I have a few more threads that still need to go up.

Rank systems on Jailbreak don't exactly tie into the roleplay oftentimes, however they've always been extremely popular. The T ranks system was introduced in 2016 and was always one of the most popular plugins among players. People like getting high ranks and being recognized by others for being the top player. Currently, we have a T ranks system on the server that gives you points for kills, a CT ranks system that gives you points for playtime, and a Gangs (group of Ts) plugin that gives you points for kills / assists and makes you lose points for deaths.

Looking at this set of systems, I'd say it'd be worth creating a "CT teams" plugin that allows a group of CTs to group together and increase their rank by playtime. I'm not sure if this is something everybody would be interested in, but at the end of the day I think everyone is just a sucker for rank systems and I don't think you can necessarily have too many of them on at once. However, despite how much people seem to love plugins like this, they're pretty worthless without any incentives to move up the ranks. We used to do contests for Gangs and the other plugins monthly, and that should've been happening up to this point.

So here's how I'd like to lay it out, if you guys all think it makes sense:

- T ranks system stays in place, you get points for kills. Points get reset monthly and at the end of each month, the top player gets access to an extra tab on the models menu for "Prisoner Contest Winners", which will get a new model added to it every month.

- CT ranks system stays in place, you get points for playtime. Points get reset monthly and at the end of each month, the top player gets access to an extra tab on the models menu for "Guard Contest Winners", which will get a new model added to it every month.

- Gangs system stays in place, you get points for kills / assists and lose it for deaths. Points get reset monthly and at the end of each month, the entire gang gets access to a temporary model for T side for the entire month. Perhaps this model will stay the same every month so people come to recognize it.

- CT teams system gets introduced. More to be fleshed out, but you'd probably earn points as a group for playtime. Points get reset monthly and at the end of each month, the entire CT team gets access to a temporary model for CT side for the entire month. Perhaps this model will stay the same every month so people come to recognize it.

*BONUS*

- "Weddings" is a plugin we can reintroduce that allows two people to get "married" or "divorced". We can make it so points are only earned on T side by way of kills. Unsure of whether or not I'd be inclined to do a contest or have winners for this, but I recall it being widely popular similar to other ranking systems when it was around. Also can't remember why it was removed.

All of this is TBD, because I have to see how feasible all of this would be in the first place. But bottom line is that I want the rank systems to be in place but there should also be some sort of incentive to shoot for a top spot. This is also all subject to community and staff approval.. I'm not sure how much you guys love the idea of all of these ranking systems, or if you'd prefer it be more simplified. My initial thinking is "the more the merrier", but this thread is going up so you guys have the opportunity to express your lines of thinking with this.

Please post your thoughts.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  2162

7 hours ago, Dominic said:

- "Weddings" is a plugin we can reintroduce that allows two people to get "married" or "divorced". We can make it so points are only earned on T side by way of kills. Unsure of whether or not I'd be inclined to do a contest or have winners for this, but I recall it being widely popular similar to other ranking systems when it was around. Also can't remember why it was removed.

I believe it was just a time-limited event for Valentine's Day for like 1 or 2 years, so it was removed after that as it had some extra features that were slightly disruptive to normal gameplay (such as TPing to your partner).

I like the ideas behind the T rank and CT rank systems, and introducing a CT team rank system of sorts I see no downside in, as it would only help to promote creating a social bond between players. Will outline my ideas below now

Prisoner Ranks

• Gain points for killing Guards (maybe depending on weapon used or a simple 1 kill = 1 point type deal)
  • Lose points for dying to a guard? (freekills may become more of a problem)
  • Gang system remains in effect BUT is fully implemented with the normal Prisoner Ranks
    • Solo Leaderboard and Gang Leaderboard
    • You are not required to be in a Gang
    • Gangs get cool special perks depending on their ranking?(some sort of cosmetic probably)
  • Top Player / Gang at the end of the month get a special model (different models for solo vs gang)

Guard Ranks

• Gain points for playtime on CT
    • 2 points per every X seconds or minute alive
    • Maybe half points for being dead as CT as long as you started the round alive as CT, and died to a Prisoner
      • Still gives points to Guards targeted early on in the round
      • Encourages AFKing on CT
  • CT Ban removes points (either all or a specific amount like 50)
  • Guard Team system becomes implemented and is integrated with normal Guard ranks
    • Name something cool like Squads or something
    • Solo and Team leaderboard
    • Special perks depending on team ranking? (some sort of cosmetic probably)
    • Earn double points for having 2+ members of your Squad playing Guard at the same time (probably a team specific point bonus, rather than boosting solo points)
  • Top Player / Team at the end of the month get a special model (different for solo vs team)

• Content Count:  5674

17 hours ago, Cept For Her said:

I believe it was just a time-limited event for Valentine's Day for like 1 or 2 years, so it was removed after that as it had some extra features that were slightly disruptive to normal gameplay (such as TPing to your partner).

I believe you're 100% correct, now that you mention it. We can bring this back permanently and probably just disable the features, if that works for everyone.

• Maybe half points for being dead as CT as long as you started the round alive as CT, and died to a Prisoner

Cool ideas, worried about complicating the plugin too much though - both for the person developing it now and for causing it to break in the future. I'm not super experienced in this area, but I know what a pain in the ass plugins like this can be with how many times something more simple like Ratio Control broke (and is still broken apparently). I think you'd have a better idea of if it'd really be that hard, or I'll just see when I bring it to the TAs.

• CT Ban removes points (either all or a specific amount like 50)

Big fan of this idea.

• Guard Team system becomes implemented and is integrated with normal Guard ranks
    • Name something cool like Squads or something
    • Solo and Team leaderboard
    • Special perks depending on team ranking? (some sort of cosmetic probably)

Squads is a solid name imo. I like the idea of combining team and normal ranks for each team into one, but again I don't wanna overcomplicate things for the tech guys.

• Earn double points for having 2+ members of your Squad playing Guard at the same time (probably a team specific point bonus, rather than boosting solo points)

Also a super big fan of this idea. Could really help with the T side stacking problems.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.