? servers

? players online

The Pink Tape...

• Content Count:  1051

yFmbVMH.jpg

For a Lil Uzi this is definitely a surprise. Some people might hate it, some might like it.

Personally I think it had a few hits that I personally really liked.. and they were the weird ones too.

My top songs off this album are:

1. Flooded The Face

2. Nakamura

3. Werewolf

4. Patience (Not the carti leak)

5. The End

6. Just Wanna Rock (clearly)

7. Amped (Maybe?)

Some of his other tracks seem like kinda "I gotta just push out songs" type of tracks rather than his passion tracks.

CS was also a weird one since he kinda just word for word took System Of A Down - Chop Suey!

If it was his own spin on it/a cover maybe I'd like it more, but since I already like Chop Suey it seems really weird to me, just a personal opinion.

Lowkey happy Carti wasn't actually on the album.. I really can't stand him.

Other than that I'd rate the album a 6.5/10.

It was really just average with some special songs here and there.

I'll give it another listen or two, but really a lot of these songs just weren't that special.  

What are your thoughts?

Edited by lynxie

• Content Count:  2694

these songs alone are better than anything off of eternal atake 🥱

For real though, I absolutely loved this album. I have listened to it 3 times today. There are a couple of songs that I don't really care for like the song with the Travis Scott feature and the Don Toliver feature because they sucked and I am sick and tired of government mandated Don Toliver features. I enjoyed Eternal Atake and I don't think it was bad but it did not feel like what it was hyped up to be. It felt kinda like it was put out just to get put out. I do think it is really cool that they dropped two albums back to back with Eternal Atake, but this album feels like Uzi actually put their heart into it.

my favorite tracks are:

flooded the face

suicide doors

endless fashion

mama im sorry

fire alarm

nakamura

werewolf

the end

Usually when rappers do the whole experimental thing it ends up being a "hurrdurr rapper over guitar" kinda thing. Uzi killed it with this and I 100% understand why most people would not like it. I wrote a 10 page paper on Yeezus for my previous semester and I hate to circlejerk it even more by relating any experimental album to Yeezus but it does remind me of Yeezus in the sense that it has a lot of songs that sound very different from his previous work. The metal songs and various covers throughout the album are enjoyable to me because I know that Uzi probably had a genuine fun time making them, and they don't sound bad. The production is really good and I loved that he had Arca produce Suicide Doors. There were like two songs, I don't remember their names, where he sounds just like Carti lol. Also, hearing the "uzi, uzi, wake your ass up" reminded me of my freshman year of highschool haha. Uzi cemented themselves as one of my favorites with this album. 

• Like 1

Reply to Thread