? servers

? players online

won't be here for a while

• Content Count:  830

right, so I "installed" the drivers, and something seems to be happening. When I type "ipconfig/all , I now get a "physical" ip address, and a bunch of other information. However, I still can't connect to the internets because it says "media cable is disconnected" on my local area connection. I checked my cables and stuff and they are fine. Modem has all lights on. I'm such a goddamn noob when it comes to this.... argh!

Any ideas? I Appreciate em!

• Content Count:  135

hmm.. check the lights on the NIC card, should be amber and green for 10/100. both should be blinking. in a DOS cmd box, type "ipconfig/release", then "ipconfig/renew" and check again. Try a different cat5e cable. What kind of IP did you get? if it connected direct to modem, you should get a WAN ip (which is what we see you as) as well as DNS servers belonging to comcast (make sure your TCP/IP setting Local Area Connection is set to auto for both IP and DNS).

hmm.. check the lights on the NIC card, should be amber and green for 10/100. both should be blinking. in a DOS cmd box, type "ipconfig/release", then "ipconfig/renew" and check again. Try a different cat5e cable. What kind of IP did you get? if it connected direct to modem, you should get a WAN ip (which is what we see you as) as well as DNS servers belonging to comcast (make sure your TCP/IP setting Local Area Connection is set to auto for both IP and DNS).

To havok: I have a motorolla modem

mew, all my lights are on/flashing exactly how they were before the reformat. I did not switch any of my cables. Also TCP/IP are on auto, too.

I think I need a new computer altogether.

• Content Count:  135

Check your bios (F2 at dell logo at boot before win logo) and see if there are settings there that needs to be on/off.

unplug the network cable.. disable the NIC and re-enable it after few secs.. it should network cable is unplugged.. plug in the network cable and watch the systray icon try to get an ip, then check your ipconfig/all.. might want to try a different cable also. it might also be a NIC hardware issue that it might be shorted.. check the inside of the PC. make sure that the loose cables not being used are tied up and hooked somewhere that it doesnt touch the mobo.

still nothin' :d

I've decided that I'm just going to get a new comp... been wanting to get one anyway, so my computer breaking down has technically, in some weird way, turned out to be a win-win situation for me.

Thanks for all the help guys.

I miss you all BTW

Reply to Thread