? servers

? players online

Screen goes black after awhile

• Content Count:  6465

I've looked up on a ton of fixes for the 'ole screen goes black problem.

I've updated my BIOS, I've completely cleared graphics drivers, then installed them again. And also completely cleared and reverted to older ones. And it still keeps going black after gaming for about 2 hours or so I'm gunna say.

Thus leaves me to conclude it's most likely an overheating problem, and took the side off my computer to ventilate. Well, I reach down and check how hot my graphics card gets while playing games and it gets pretty hot, so I put my fan next to the case to blow cool air at it, but my card still gets quite hot, though I haven't gotten the black screen yet but I haven't really played that long either since I put the fan next to it.

My motherboard/cpu/ram are all new (upgraded) I just reformatted yesterday, and I updated bios motherboard drivers graphics drivers up to date. My graphics card is a GeForce 9600GT, processor core2duo E8400 @3.00 GHz, not sure if motherboard really matters.

Could my graphics card be like overclocking? Or is there another problem to why I get this stupid black screen after awhile.

• Content Count:  4960

Depending on your PSU. It's possible you're not getting enough power to either your graphics card or from your monitor, or maybe both under PC Load. After gaming for a while if you're running a graphics card with a weak PSU , if there's a sudden spike in Watt Usage from the graphics card that pushes your PSU over its limit your Monitor will black out. This is just a guess though.

Edited by Coffee Crisp

• Content Count:  6465

Depending on your PSU. It's possible you're not getting enough power to either your graphics card or from your monitor, or maybe both under PC Load. After gaming for a while if you're running a graphics card with a weak PSU , if there's a sudden spike in Watt Usage from the graphics card that pushes your PSU over its limit your Monitor will black out. This is just a guess though.

That could be...My PSU is 550W.

Reply to Thread