? servers

? players online

Mysti goes to London

• Content Count:  3457

As some of you may already know, i will be going to London in a few months.. And no, I'm not going alone, Tink will be joining me there.

The exact date will be from Oct. 30th till Nov. 8th.

Now I have a few questions for those who live there.

1. Which airport is the most central one (and affordable)?
  2. Who knows a good place to stay (not too expensive)?
  3. Who wants to spend some time with us in London and show us around?
  4. Who will be joining us on Saturday Oct. 31st?

• Content Count:  6712

As some of you may already know, i will be going to London in a few months.. And no, I'm not going alone, Tink will be joining me there.

The exact date will be from Oct. 30th till Nov. 8th.

Now I have a few questions for those who live there.

1. Which airport is the most central one (and affordable)?
  2. Who knows a good place to stay (not too expensive)?
  3. Who wants to spend some time with us in London and show us around?
  4. Who will be joining us on Saturday Oct. 31st?

O_O.

1. The most central is London City, but I've never been there always gone from Heathrow or Gatwick.

2. If you want cheap accomodation then it's going to hard for you because London isn't cheap!!!! I just did a google search and got lots of results, so...just google "cheap london hotels" or "cheap london bnb's"!

3. I don't see why not :blink1:

4. For me.....I would be 30% about being able to make it on that day, but perhaps I can :happy:

• Content Count:  193

It actually depends where in London are you staying. Heathrow is the biggest and also the busiest, Terminal 5 fixed numerous problems the airport had.

City Airport is a good all rounder for business travel. Relatively close to the city (not as close as it appears on the map) but with very limited amount of flights and lots of small aircraft making the runway busy at times.

There are also many others although I'd recommend the Luton airport. If you want to be in northern London I'd recommend it. Its also less busy which makes for a far more relaxing experience. It has an impressive list of destinations and its easy to get to from the City (Thameslink, King's Cross, Farringdon, City Thameslink, Blackfriars, London Bridge). EasyJet has made it very popular and more airlines are adding to the list of flying exclussively from there.

• Content Count:  3457

Well, i am flying with easyjet, since they are the cheapest to fly from Amsterdam to London. I just need to pick a good airport that is central and reachable for the people who want to meet up with us.

The cheapest flight from Amsterdam goes to Stansted. Is that any good?

Edited by Mystique

• Content Count:  193

Although Stanstead is relatively small and compact it still gets very busy. It also might be the most difficult airport to get to with a limited service from Liverpool street. Takes ages to get to and from and is therefore very inconvenient. I can only recommend a taxi to get you to your hotel. It's relatively close to the center though, so it shouldn't be a problem.

• Content Count:  6712

Mystique you can quite easily get around London via train, pretty much all of the airports will have train travel into London.

Depending on where you want to stay.....I'd say Stansted is ok. I live in northwest and its not very central at all but its an easy train journey into London still.

Reply to Thread