? servers

? players online

How to catch a hacker - Everything you need to know

• Content Count:  6465

I do that shit all the time and I don't hack :(

Lol,

No you don't.

Just let VAC do the work.

I used to hack, my account wasn't banned until the Winamp ban vac so conveniently put into 1.5 that detects Winamp and a few other MP3 players at the time as a hack, and mass-banned a ton of accounts.

Vac is useless to keep up with hacks. Especially on old games.

• Content Count:  2959

So much misinformation I want to cry...

Credentials: Worked at and with Counter-Hack from the time that aimbots used neon red and green and a seperate program to detect those colors and wallhacks were glitched Asus drivers all the way through XQZ2 revolutionising hacking with Hooks and "smart" aimbots with OGC, Myg0t, MPC, and Source Industries picking up the slack.

Right. Now. 99% of what you think is aimbotting or wallhacking isn't. The sooner you admit that the happier you'll be. I don't care if you suck and play without mouselook or if you're Cal-I and regularly go 2-3:1 even on your off days.

If someone is hacking and they're good you'll never know because they won't ever track, they'll "act" surprised by someone coming around a wall, their shots won't land in patterns, and if they have an aimbot they will only ever toggle it after MANUALLY getting onto the player's body and firing the first shot so any jerking looks like it's just recoil. Trust me on this, during Counter-Mole me and a bunch of other people were given generic names and the best of the admin world from United Admins to CAL's guys were invited to try and figure out who was hacking. Despite using a wallhack, an aimbot, and being able to see red/blue lines showing where other players were aiming I was never detected. Neither was Joolz.

If they suck on the other hand, there won't be ANY doubt because the screen doesn't do anything but the BULLETS do. The old shaky screen being a guarantee is kinda a myth, lift your mouse ~1cm off the pad and watch it jitter to see why, but there are still extremely obvious giveaways on the newbs.

The most obvious being multiple shots in a row or defined patterns (every 5th shot hits the head) landing on his opponent's body. In normal CSS the random conefire makes that happen one time out of FIFTY at anything other than point blank range. To a spectator an aimbot will look like the guy aiming normally, you may not even see him doing anything, but you'll see a zombie for example being hit by 10+ shots in a row and FLYING away. Being upside-down isn't even a hack, you can do that with clientside scripts. It's been around since half-life1 where it was used to tilt your hitboxes at a 45deg angle so that TFC's sentryguns couldn't hit you.

And ANY time ANY subsequent shots from a non-scoped rifle lands in the same exact spot while spraying it's BS since the random conefire is literally impossible for a human to predict.

[edit]

And one last warning: Spectator view is NOT truly accurate. Aside from the increased lag and often lower amount of data being sent to you to conserve server resources (you're dead anyway) it doesn't show a lot of first person stuff accurately. Someone may be able to see over something and on your screen you can't, in Insurgency for example spectating doesn't show leaning or where the free-aim is pointing.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4980

So much misinformation I want to cry...

Credentials: Worked at and with Counter-Hack from the time that aimbots used neon red and green and a seperate program to detect those colors and wallhacks were glitched Asus drivers all the way through XQZ2 revolutionising hacking with Hooks and "smart" aimbots with OGC, Myg0t, MPC, and Source Industries picking up the slack.

Right. Now. 99% of what you think is aimbotting or wallhacking isn't. The sooner you admit that the happier you'll be. I don't care if you suck and play without mouselook or if you're Cal-I and regularly go 2-3:1 even on your off days.

If someone is hacking and they're good you'll never know because they won't ever track, they'll "act" surprised by someone coming around a wall, their shots won't land in patterns, and if they have an aimbot they will only ever toggle it after MANUALLY getting onto the player's body and firing the first shot so any jerking looks like it's just recoil. Trust me on this, during Counter-Mole me and a bunch of other people were given generic names and the best of the admin world from United Admins to CAL's guys were invited to try and figure out who was hacking. Despite using a wallhack, an aimbot, and being able to see red/blue lines showing where other players were aiming I was never detected. Neither was Joolz.

If they suck on the other hand, there won't be ANY doubt because the screen doesn't do anything but the BULLETS do. The old shaky screen being a guarantee is kinda a myth, lift your mouse ~1cm off the pad and watch it jitter to see why, but there are still extremely obvious giveaways on the newbs.

The most obvious being multiple shots in a row or defined patterns (every 5th shot hits the head) landing on his opponent's body. In normal CSS the random conefire makes that happen one time out of FIFTY at anything other than point blank range. To a spectator an aimbot will look like the guy aiming normally, you may not even see him doing anything, but you'll see a zombie for example being hit by 10+ shots in a row and FLYING away. Being upside-down isn't even a hack, you can do that with clientside scripts. It's been around since half-life1 where it was used to tilt your hitboxes at a 45deg angle so that TFC's sentryguns couldn't hit you.

And ANY time ANY subsequent shots from a non-scoped rifle lands in the same exact spot while spraying it's BS since the random conefire is literally impossible for a human to predict.

[edit]

And one last warning: Spectator view is NOT truly accurate. Aside from the increased lag and often lower amount of data being sent to you to conserve server resources (you're dead anyway) it doesn't show a lot of first person stuff accurately. Someone may be able to see over something and on your screen you can't, in Insurgency for example spectating doesn't show leaning or where the free-aim is pointing.

uhh... Shit i'm not going to read that. I think Toxin's info was good enough. Thanks!

• Content Count:  2959

Fine, TLDR version: Real hacks are capable of making shots land in the same spot even if the screen shows normal recoil and spraying, something no human can do since CS:S uses randomized conefire. Anything else and chances are almost certain it's not an aimbot.

Reply to Thread