? servers

? players online

What Anti Virus/Spyware

• Content Count:  3440

Maybe, maybe not. The last time I had a virus problem was when I was on my 200MHz, 16 MB RAM Windows 95 machine, and even then I don't know if it was a virus or a hardware issue.

I see this all the time.. People who "Don't have a virus" on their computer. But their computer is part of a bot-net. Just because you don't notice anything or have any pop-up's or random shut-downs doesn't mean your computer is clean. I'd be willing to bet that if you were to install MalwareBytes anti-malware and run a scan it would find something on your machine. And/or if you were to monitor all network traffic to/from your computer you would find traffic that you had not initiated or intended.

• Content Count:  868

I see this all the time.. People who "Don't have a virus" on their computer. But their computer is part of a bot-net. Just because you don't notice anything or have any pop-up's or random shut-downs doesn't mean your computer is clean. I'd be willing to bet that if you were to install MalwareBytes anti-malware and run a scan it would find something on your machine. And/or if you were to monitor all network traffic to/from your computer you would find traffic that you had not initiated or intended.

I've got a friend running the same ISP I am and he had his connection terminated because the ISP determined that his computer was part of a bot net and refused to let him connect again until that stuff was removed. I removed it. I'm still around, no bot net.

For the record, I did install MalwareBytes just for fun and did a scan. Absolutely nothing. Well okay, that's not really true... I did get two Disabled.SecurityCenter entries, but that's not Malware. It's whining about security settings on my machine. Apparently people were asking for this change to MalwareBytes so they put it in around two months ago as I understand it.

• Content Count:  220

Avast Pro :d i seem to get lots of spywares but nothing more then that. I downloaded AVG internet security but it didnt find anything so i didnt bother pay for it. Just let the 30 day trial run out ^^

Reply to Thread