? servers

? players online

WOW

• Content Count:  1910

Well it seems I got vac banned? How the hell! I think Xeno once said he got vacced from Winamp, and I do have Winamp on my computer.

Well, Please remove my admin for now, I need to buy a new steam account.

This is gay.

• Content Count:  3343

Well it seems I got vac banned? How the hell! I think Xeno once said he got vacced from Winamp, and I do have Winamp on my computer.

Well, Please remove my admin for now, I need to buy a new steam account.

This is gay.

You CAN go to steam support and ask why you we're VAC'd. It might have been a fluke, they do unban from VAC, but very rarely.

• Content Count:  485

I copied it from steam forums :

READ THIS

First, if your account just got banned, you are probably pissed off. Before you go posting, read this so you can understand what has happened.

WTF I got banned?!?!

Your account got banned because VAC detected a cheat being used with your account. Period. It didn't make a mistake.

We will not un-ban your account regardless of the reason. It doesn't matter if someone else used your account, you didn't know what you were doing was wrong, your brother or sister downloaded a cheat you didn't know about, etc.

Use of your Steam account is your responsibility.

VAC may not ban your account immediately, the cheating violation may have occurred weeks earlier. That means you might have used a cheat, thought you were not caught, but actually you were caught. VAC just didn't ban you right away.

What can I do if I get banned?

You can still play single-player games or on non-secure servers through Steam (you can filter the server list in Steam to show "Insecure Servers" only (from the main Steam menu -> Servers -> Anti-Cheat -> "Insecure Only").

If you are going to purchase a new copy of the game, make sure you delete all previous versions of Valve's software prior to doing the install and make sure you get rid of any cheats you've installed (unfortunately, this might even require re-formatting your hard-drive).

If your account is banned then any new key (like if you buy CZ for example) you assign to that account will be banned as well. To prevent this, you should create a new Steam account so you can access VAC enabled servers with your new key.

Be advised that if the cheat is still on your system, then you will most likely get VAC banned again with the new key. Make absolutely sure the cheat is gone before starting a new account with a new key.

VAC Myths

There are some things people often blame or think is true about VAC. Most are false. Below are facts, not Myths ...

* Winamp or HLamp (a plugin for winamp) DO NOT get you banned.

* Using buy scripts, or any other cfg file script will NOT get you banned.

* Custom skins, sounds, etc. WILL NOT get you banned. However some custom skin packs also have cheats installed. Be VERY careful about what you are installing before you install it.

* Microsoft Windows Service Patch 2 won't get you banned.

* VAC does NOT scan your hard drive

* VAC does not exist to make Valve money, but rather because players said they wanted Valve to do something about cheaters.

* People on servers or server admins can't get you banned on all VAC enabled servers.

* Modified versions of maps (clear walls, etc.) do NOT get you banned. If you can connect to a server with a map, it's fine.

* The "AKS WARRIOR" friendslist phenomenon was not responsible for any "false bans" either, it was merely a DB problem.

* VAC does not ban for the ESEA client.

I AM STILL SO %#(*)@%# MAD!

Do us a favor. Don't post on here and ask for "proof" or say you weren't cheating. Nobody will believe you, and it won't do you any good except maybe to vent a bit.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138233

Reply to Thread