? servers

? players online

WOW

• Content Count:  100

* Microsoft Windows Service Patch 2 won't get you banned.

Lol. Pretty much everyone would not be playing anything steam-related for that matter. Is it time to update this to SP3?

Sneaky, if you could provide more info I would appreciate it. I wanna know what you had running in RAM the moment you got banned. Do NOT run any AV apps and post a hijack this! log here. If you have firefox please list all add-ons and for IE, all activeX scripts running. Try to replicate everything up to the ban.

• Content Count:  1910

Lol. Pretty much everyone would not be playing anything steam-related for that matter. Is it time to update this to SP3?

Sneaky, if you could provide more info I would appreciate it. I wanna know what you had running in RAM the moment you got banned. Do NOT run any AV apps and post a hijack this! log here. If you have firefox please list all add-ons and for IE, all activeX scripts running. Try to replicate everything up to the ban.

Well, thing is, I came home from school, and I was banned.

But I use Google Chrome, I mainly run Media Player while playing, sometimes SideBar (Vista), or MSN Messenger. If only there was a way to check back through all the processes I had running in the last few weeks. But I was thinking, maybe something was running in the backround that I did not know of?

• Content Count:  5302

Then it's probably 1 of the many skins I have (I got skins for everything).

Or it could be the virus I removed yesterday, didn't notice it until then.

But, anyways, the vac doesn't affect Killing Floor, which is good, and I'll be using Kenny's spare until I can scrape up some money for a new CSS, unless they unban me.

Killing Floor and Counter Strike Source use Whole different VAC.

CS:S Uses Source Vac, Meaning your banned from all Source games.

• Content Count:  5302

This is why i don't install skins

Skins really shouldn't affect VAC. The only thing I can think of, is he installed the skin using a .Exe .

Plus, the only place you should download Skins from is Fpsbanana.

• Content Count:  4685

Skins really shouldn't affect VAC. The only thing I can think of, is he installed the skin using a .Exe .

Plus, the only place you should download Skins from is Fpsbanana.

Or FacePunch.

• Content Count:  1910

I just extract my skins to cstrike folder, possibly one contained something in it.

Also, a place where I get a few skins is

http://www.counter-strike-dl.com/source-skins.html

EDIT: Just got a reply

Hello,

A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Our system indicates that your account has been permanently banned by the Valve Anti-Cheat system (VAC) - unfortunately, the Steam support team is unable lift the ban.

This ban applies to a Steam account (regardless of who was using the account at the time the infraction occurred) and any VAC protected games registered under the account at the time of the ban. This ban does not affect third party games that are tied to this account.

The account may still be used to play single-player games and to connect to non-secure game servers or LAN games in the games you have been VAC banned from. Please change your filter settings in the server browser list to show servers which are not VAC-secured (from the Steam main menu go to the "View" option, select "Servers" and then select "Not secure" in the Anti-Cheat drop-down).

We cannot move game subscriptions from accounts which have been banned by VAC. The use and security of your Steam account is your responsibility.

If you choose to purchase a new copy of the VAC banned game(s), please create a new Steam account to register the games on. Remove all cheats from your system before you install (if you do not know where the cheats were installed, you may want to consider reformatting the machine and starting over with a new installation of your operating system).

For more information on Valve's policies, please see the Steam Subscriber Agreement and the Rules of Steam Online Conduct:

Hmm automated message? Not even the answer I wanted with the question I gave.

(I highlighted a part in pink, which is the part that gave away that it was just a automated message, not a staff member. I didn't ask for any game moving, or nay of the crap I got back. I only asked, to know what time the infraction was given, so I could know if I was at school, or offlline)

And another thing, I haven't been on CSS in awhile actually...

Edited by SneakySnake

• Content Count:  4473

I just extract my skins to cstrike folder, possibly one contained something in it.

Also, a place where I get a few skins is

http://www.counter-strike-dl.com/source-skins.html

EDIT: Just got a reply

Hmm automated message? Not even the answer I wanted with the question I gave.

(I highlighted a part in pink, which is the part that gave away that it was just a automated message, not a staff member. I didn't ask for any game moving, or nay of the crap I got back. I only asked, to know what time the infraction was given, so I could know if I was at school, or offlline)

And another thing, I haven't been on CSS in awhile actually...

VAC bans take a while. They usually detect you several weeks before you are banned.

All you can do now is get another Steam account as they will not unban you.

• Content Count:  4960

Yeah what IJ said. Chances of you getting unbanned is most likely the same as Microsoft unbanning the accounts playing Epsilon ( Halo 3 Leaked). They're banned till the year 9999.

Sorry to hear this happen to you. I know what it's like to be banned without knowing why. Till this day I haven't found out why my first Steam Account was banned.

Reply to Thread