? servers

? players online

CS:S Water

• Content Count:  4198

For some time now I've been having the issue of my CS:S water having some sort of purple gleam to it. I've reinstalled both my material and model folders, but to no effect. The problem this kind of water is giving me is a drastic decrease in FPS, I only have to look at it to have my FPS dropped into the single-digits (this is especially bad on huge maps like surf_japan).

I've reinstalled CS:S completely, but the problem still occurs. I'd appreciate any help with the matter.

• Content Count:  4960

Well usually restarting CSS fixes the purple gleam on water (and on certain zombie skins) but I don't know why it isn't fixed at a reinstall. Check the launch options for any abnormal commands then add -dxlevel 95 in it. Also check your autoexec.cfg and config in the cstrike folder for anything unusual. My last guess is your graphics card.

• Content Count:  123

Well usually restarting CSS fixes the purple gleam on water (and on certain zombie skins) but I don't know why it isn't fixed at a reinstall. Check the launch options for any abnormal commands then add -dxlevel 95 in it. Also check your autoexec.cfg and config in the cstrike folder for anything unusual. My last guess is your graphics card.

If it was his graphics card, I would suggest that he update his drivers, but I actually doubt its his graphics card, seeing how this is the only game affected (unless the specific driver he has says that the water in CSS has the missing texture affect, aka purple+black squares).

But yea that's pretty odd even after reinstall. Did you do a clean reinstall? Delete CSS off steam, THEN navigate to your steam folder in program files>steamapps>username>then delete counter strike source. After that redownload from steam/install CSS.

• Content Count:  4360

I had this problem for a while but my processor is pretty darn good so it didn't really affect me, than I changed my graphics card and was perfectly fine. So like ninja said you should prolly update your drivers

• Content Count:  4960

If it was his graphics card, I would suggest that he update his drivers, but I actually doubt its his graphics card, seeing how this is the only game affected (unless the specific driver he has says that the water in CSS has the missing texture affect, aka purple+black squares).

But yea that's pretty odd even after reinstall. Did you do a clean reinstall? Delete CSS off steam, THEN navigate to your steam folder in program files>steamapps>username>then delete counter strike source. After that redownload from steam/install CSS.

I didn't say it was his graphics card... Textures cannot be missing unless he deleted a folder instead of the actual files inside while leaving the folder itself intact (which would reinstall automatically at boot). But that's related to skins, and I don't know any skins that modify water content.

Edited by Coffee Crisp

• Content Count:  2959

hence why i suggested overheating, you can get some... Unique Funnies that way. Old asus mobos with onboard stuff you could overheat just enough and get a wallhack.

Reply to Thread