? servers

? players online

Unprotected connection

• Content Count:  3736

Well I just got my acer aspire one but I realized my wireless connection is unprotected. I have a trandnet router and Im afraid some of my neighbors might me stealing my connection anyone has any suggestion on how to go about protecting it?

• Content Count:  1839

google the instructions on how to get into the router settings of your router, often its just an ip address like 127.0.0.1

then go under the wireless settings and change it to WPA2 or the like and choose a good password with letters and numbers.

• Content Count:  3736

http://www.trendnet.com/kb/kbp_viewquestion.asp?ToDo=view&catId=524&questId=1435

I know how to do it with linksys routers but I didnt know the IP for trendnet so there you go ^

thanks finally I can start somewhere Ive found my IP ..think I got it ..

EDIT Thank you so much!!!!!!! an hour of googling and I never encountered that page!!!! its now protected!!!!!!!

Edited by trakaill

• Content Count:  3391

Good on you for protecting your router :) A lot of people don't and it can lead them to getting in trouble. As long as you're not using WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy) then you're good. You can also hide the SSID (make it so it doesn't broadcast) and also only allow specific MAC addresses to connect (though, they can be cloned). Depends on how paranoid you are :amuse:

Reply to Thread