? servers

? players online

Keyboard

• Content Count:  660

Im going to buy a keyboard but the problem is :

I have no idea which 1 i should buy ( the price doesnt matter)

im thinking of

-Razor keyboard

- Logitech keyboard G19 or others

-Zboard (dont rlly know what this is)

so im asking you guys what u think is good or bad

Edited by Nemesis

• Content Count:  3391

I use a Saitek Eclipse. It has a backlight and clear letters (keys are silverish). It lights up around the keys and the actual letters/numbers/symbols. It's quite useful in dark rooms and is quite comfortable to type on.

I had a Logitech G15 keyboard, but never used the LCD screen, it was completely useless. I never looked down there and it could only display limited information and information that I really didn't care about or had on my desktop (Winamp, system monitoring, etc). Personally, I think the ZBoard is a fad and utterly useless. A friend had one and I hated it. It's a pain to type on and it doesn't feel right. The keyboard layouts that you can buy are a gimmick and nothing more.

I never used the Razer keyboard, though they do make quality products. In the end, though, I'd go to Best Buy/Walmart/Target/Staples/etc and look at their keyboards in person and then decide. They might not have the Razer or ZBoard, but they will have a nice variety.

Stay away from the gimmicks, you'll never use them.

• Content Count:  166

the old AT style ibm clones are nice for that tactile feedback, the logitech's with the build in lcd are good if you like messing with the scripting engine. I've seen those show stats polled off of games directly.

• Content Count:  6559

I have the g15. I like the keyboard's little display. It's nice to be able to control music in game through it and it's nice having the ventrilo display on it when I'm in a channel with 14 people and I can't figure out who the hell is talking I can just look down at it.

It's also nice to use it to monitor my network/lag/resources. I guess it's more for geekier people that pure gamers.

Basically I actually do find the little display useful.

There are also addons you can get for it to display basically almost anything you want. http://www.g15forums.com/forum/

Reply to Thread