? servers

? players online

GeForce 8600 GTS heat problem

• Content Count:  1662

if anything overheats your computer will automatical shut down, your gfx card is at its normal operating temp, if you want to cool it down a little more, buy a new vga coolers/fan. it helps if you want to overclock the GPU

• Content Count:  1000

if anything overheats your computer will automatical shut down, your gfx card is at its normal operating temp, if you want to cool it down a little more, buy a new vga coolers/fan. it helps if you want to overclock the GPU

I was thinking of getting an Accelero S1 Rev 2 with the Turbo Modules, but I have no money. So I guess I will just let it operate at these temps. It is going higher everyday. Today, it is idling at 69 Celsius.

Stupid suggestion but AC your room.

Not stupid at all. My average room temp has been 90 Fahrenheit. I think that is what is affecting it. I turned on my AC today, but it is still averaging 63 Celsius. It won't go to to it's original 50 Celsius.

• Content Count:  1662

Not stupid at all. My average room temp has been 90 Fahrenheit. I think that is what is affecting it. I turned on my AC today, but it is still averaging 63 Celsius. It won't go to to it's original 50 Celsius.

dude, dont worry about it, its just getting old and tired. 63 C is just about normal operating temp. get worried when your games start to freeze and your computer shuts down automatically

I'm going to save up and get one of those prepaid debit cards from Chase and get the Accelero S1 Rev 2 with the Turbo Modules, just to be on the safe side.

• Content Count:  1839

62 is fine dude. thats a waste of money. save up for a new graphics card if it bothers you that much

also.. what the FUCK. why on EARTH would you be in a room of 90 degrees? seriously whats the point of being inside.

that completely answers your question as to why the temp is getting bad. jesus christ why did you conveniently leave that little bit out.

62 is fine dude. thats a waste of money. save up for a new graphics card if it bothers you that much

also.. what the FUCK. why on EARTH would you be in a room of 90 degrees? seriously whats the point of being inside.

that completely answers your question as to why the temp is getting bad. jesus christ why did you conveniently leave that little bit out.

Never thought of it, i didn't think that a 15 degrees Fahrenheit change in ambient temperature would increase the idle temp of a graphics card by 10 degrees Celsius.

Reply to Thread