? servers

? players online

"1" spammers

• Content Count:  2666

if you play in the minigames server you kno how many "1" spammers there are, i have a question and an idea. Would it be better to change 1 as "-" so when the rtv is done then the map wont change forcing people to vote something else

this is why you "Nominate" your favorite map so it pops up at #1

=]

• Content Count:  1824

Doesn't always work with that, I always nominate and try to get a friend to nominate the same map so that i know for sure it's at the top.

• Content Count:  2103

I hate those 1 spammers.. But yes, I've seen it. Why don't they take time for voting instead of just pressing 1?

i think they already answered that. They are assholes, they dont care, or they are to lazy to look and see what the maps are.

• Content Count:  2959

Or we're trying desperately to switch to our primary gun. Letting people change their votes (if possible) may help with the instinctive 1tarding. I've seen plenty of people 1tard for canyon or xpg and suddenly start swearing when they realise what they've done.

• Content Count:  537

There isn't a way to change that setting in mani...or at least I have yet to see a "fix" to this. Its something most of us have come to live with and just make fun of the 1 spammers and their lack of actually picking a map.

I belive there is a diffirent kind of voting system. There is one with mouse clicks and one where you have to type vote first. I'm sure one of them will work.

Oh and about one spammers I think its because they don't want that voting box to be there when they play. They are here to play, not to vote... So they just press something to make it go away.

If that's not the cause then yes they are aholes

• Content Count:  4980

Nahhh, most of time when I play the 1 map is the one I want to play on. For example in Escape, "1" ze_sst_b2.bsp.

Anyways, after a while you can just rtv on a map that you don't like and hopefully the map will change :)

• Content Count:  522

Oh and about one spammers I think its because they don't want that voting box to be there when they play. They are here to play, not to vote... So they just press something to make it go away.

I've done that a few times. Usually I look for the map I want, even if its on the next page, and me and 2 other people vote for it, but there have been a few times where a fucking zombie is trying to get in my asshole, so I just spam 1 to survive that extra 15 seconds. There should be something so the round after an RTV is initiated, there is a 30 second pause on the game at spawn so people don't feel rushed to vote, and after the 30 seconds its unpaused, all votes are registered and the 5 second timer begins.

• Content Count:  4360

i always thought that they should have a 5 second wait time so some one spammers might get mad and see whats up and than see a map that they like and actually have a meaningful vote. Also a easy way to get people to vote for the map you want is get your friends to nominate it because the more people that nominate it, than it might become number 1. Also maybe setting 1. to just say hey im a ASS HAT!!! and than have to randomly change numbers so some people could have a wasted vote and look like a ASShat, i know this would take a large amount of scripting but i think it might be able to happen.

Reply to Thread