1. 1. What should I get?

• LittleBigPlanet
    • Killzone 2
    • Metal Gear Solid 4
    • Drakes Fortune
    • Other

PS3 game recommendations

• Content Count:  3343

I am getting a PS3 in a few weeks, I have a small idea on what I want to get but I can only get two games. I am putting up a poll for what games I know about, but if you guys have another suggestion feel free to post them.

Before you start your console war bullshit, I already have a $1000 PC, 360 Elite and a Wii, so please don't try to convince me to buy a different console.

Edited by Psyche

• Content Count:  4473

If you are into platformers and a lot of creativity, get Little Big Planet. Otherwise, you will be bored as hell with that game.

Killzone 2 is a decent enough shooter if you are into the story. Nothing fantastic about it, but I don't think you'll be disappointed if you are looking for a game.

MGS4 is one gigantic cutscene.

I haven't played Drakes Fortune, but people I know say it is a good enough action game.

I would say get inFamous now and whatever else tickles your fancy. I'm not too knowledgeable of current PS3 games that are worthwhile as I prefer my Xbox, but I do know that some good games will come in the future if you are into their respective genres.

Edited by Lux

• Content Count:  1752

I'd vote InFamous right now if you want a SINGLE-PLAYER game to have fun with. The gameplay is amazing.

LBP is surprisingly good. Looks childish but is a LOT of fun, single-player and multiplayer.

I don't have the other games listed but I hear Killzone is good. There are a lot of really good games coming out though. Some notables are Assasins Creed 2, Bioshock 2, MAG, and of course MW2.

Edited by Lux

• Content Count:  672

I'd suggest having a look at Valkyria Chronicles, I hear it's a great game and it will be going rare soon. If you're into fighting games, BlazBlue is also a great game. Other than that it depends on what kind of games you like.

EDIT : If you're into RPGs, you can take a look at Disgaea 3 or Folklore. If not, I'd say pick up Drake's Fortune if you're planning on getting the upcoming sequel or LBP for the user-made content

Edited by Pancake Batter

• Content Count:  192

Out of the games u listed of I have KillZone2 and MGS4 they both had decent single player but online is a different story. Killzone2 is just as Italian Jew said above same for MGS4. I have not played MGS4 since the month it came out it just got old real fast.

Here are all the games i have for ps3 if u have any Questions about them i can try to answer them.

Resistance2/ Grand theft auto IV/ Turok/Fallout3/ Army of two/ shellshock2/ Ghost Recon 2 Motor Storm/ Resident Evil 5/ Hawx/ Soldier of Fortune Payback/

Need for Speed Undercover/ Bad Company/ Socom Confrontation/ Mercenaries 2/

Red Faction/ Call of duty 4 and waw

I suggest you get a least one of the Call of Dutys they are both good and there are still alot of people playing both

Edited by Gunner412

• Content Count:  3343

get a xbox. it destroys the ps3 when it comes to games, name one good ps3 game and xbox 360 has a better game, i dare you

Did it occur to you that I ALREADY HAVE A 360, so please if anyone wants to argue which one is better, shut the fuck up and get the fuck out. So far now I am torn between inFamous and LBP, I might just get the PS3 LBP bundle and buy inFamous, if someone can convince me otherwise I'd be happy to see some other suggestions.

Edited by Psyche

• Content Count:  1752

Did it occur to you that I ALREADY HAVE A 360, so please if anyone wants to argue which one is better, shut the fuck up and get the fuck out. So far now I am torn between inFamous and LBP, I might just get the PS3 LBP bundle and buy inFamous, if someone can convince me otherwise I'd be happy to see some other suggestions.

The LBP bundle is good. It's basically the PS3 with LBP free and inFamous is one of the best games for the PS3 right now. In my opinion, your "Bundle and inFamous" idea is the best way to go. If you're going to pick one though, I'd go with LBP. Anyways, I'll just put out a little more in depth info. on these games so you don't buy a game that you don't like.

inFamous:

This game has a VERY unique story. I barely put the controller down till I beat it. The gameplay with the RPG-like skills is awesome. The best part though is the karma rankings. You can go good (hero) or you can go evil (infamous) and it is based on your actions in the game. Basically, you're making your own story.

But, I didn't really like the dialogue. Also, when you're speaking to others it doesn't look good and has glitched me before. It will also get boring after beating it both ways. Yes, you can still play after you beat it but it's not the same (boring imo).

LBP:

This is one of my favorite games for the PS3. It will bring the laughs from the cartoony-sack boy actions, but it will also challenge you. Now my favorite part of the game is the map making editor. There really is no end to what you can make. I've made a flying hamburger plane which is pretty easy, but it was fun. With this editor you can upload your maps so whoever gets online can play your map. Due to the fact that people are always goofing around in the editor, making maps and what not, there is no end to your career basically. You can keep playing new maps as long as people keep uploading em.

I don't see any problems with this game. The story might be a little bad at times. It's very short and might not be THAT much fun. There are benefits from doing the story though. You get your different colors,clothes,etc. from doing the story and that's the only way really unless you have stickers and you paint yourself (hard if you're trying to make a specific person).

Hope this helps.

Edited by Trogdor

• Content Count:  530

I recommend getting Metal Gear Solid 4 and Little Big Planet I would personally get those because Metal gear has a amazing story line, memorable moment(s), Best bosses and so forth. I would get little big planet because it is a very creative game i love it so much how you can share your maps with other Ps3 players and its just a great game over all but that could just be me.

Reply to Thread