? servers

? players online

CPU Processors

• Content Count:  1000

Theoretically, it is 4.4GHz, but in practice, it's like ~3.0GHz. You basically have 2 brains in your computer, but they don't work at the full speed.

Edited by Akaru

• Content Count:  1662

Theoretically, it is 4.4GHz, but in practice, it's like ~3.0GHz. You basically have 2 brains in your computer, but they don't work at the full speed.

wrong, you have 2 cores on 1 chip, both running at 2.2 ghz, not "Theoretically, it is 4.4GHz". more cores you have the more processors you can execute at once. some programs use multi-thread and some still dont, the ones that dont only use 1 core not both so it will only run on one core at 2.2ghz not 4.4 or even 3.

• Content Count:  1000

wrong, you have 2 cores on 1 chip, both running at 2.2 ghz, not "Theoretically, it is 4.4GHz". more cores you have the more processors you can execute at once. some programs use multi-thread and some still dont, the ones that dont only use 1 core not both so it will only run on one core at 2.2ghz not 4.4 or even 3.

I stand corrected. All this time I have been thinking that my processor runs at a theoretical amount of 6.0GHz. LOL! I have failed.

• Content Count:  2959

Not to mention that the gains are also non-linear. A quadcore gets a LOT more than a 4x benefit in a well-threaded game like UT4. Plus multicore processors have much more efficient individual cores so even in non-threaded apps they're still better. Plus you can run multiple non-threaded apps without nearly as much slowdown.

Reply to Thread