? servers

? players online

3rd Party Coolers for GTX 295

• Content Count:  6084

There won't be a consumer-level program requiring that much information to be processed for years, its uneconomical for software developers to create programs that press system requirements (see crysis)

But at the rate hardware is evolving, i.e. bigger and hotter, liquid cooling (not liquid nitrogen...) will probably become utilized in more and more systems and will become more mainstream and cheaper.

• Content Count:  480

(see crysis)

I never had any troubles running Crysis, but then again, I was always into decking out my PC with high

performance hardware. Doing the upgrade the liquid cooling yourself is probably the best option, as

newer towers that have liquid cooling usually run up into $1600+ dollars, or atleast for the ones that I've

seen.

I never had any troubles running Crysis, but then again, I was always into decking out my PC with high

performance hardware. Doing the upgrade the liquid cooling yourself is probably the best option, as

newer towers that have liquid cooling usually run up into $1600+ dollars, or atleast for the ones that I've

seen.

WTF? With a prebuilt system maybe but that's absurd.

• Content Count:  480

WTF? With a prebuilt system maybe but that's absurd.

When I say "The ones I've seen," I mean High-Performance, ergonomically designed, quad-core processor,

liquid cooled systems. If you're only looking for liquid cooling, I don't have much to tell you, as I've never seen a brand new tower for sale

that is just your standard PC with liquid cooling. And yes, I meant with prebuilt systems.

Edited by 2 Dwarves, 1 Coat

When I say "The ones I've seen," I mean High-Performance, ergonomically designed, quad-core processor,

liquid cooled systems. If you're only looking for liquid cooling, I don't have much to tell you, as I've never seen a brand new tower for sale

that is just your standard PC with liquid cooling. And yes, I meant with prebuilt systems.

We aren't talking about entire computers here, just specific components.

• Content Count:  1000

One day, I want to see:

Whatever is the most powerful i7 on the market overclocked to 4.5 GHz,

Quad-SLI GT2 295 (that is, 8 GTX295 cores)

and 32 GB of DDR3 1800 Ram.

And probably, liquid nitrogen to cool it! :p

Easily obtainable. Speed of 5.0GHz+ can be achieved with LN2. And btw, when you have 8 GPUs, it's considered Oct(o)-SLI, whatever the right prefix is. They count by number of GPU (cores), not number of graphic cards.

• Content Count:  2959

pretty much nothing except raytracing is Many-Core enabled atm.

The thing about water cooling is that it's air cooling. No passive cooling system will ever get you below ambient. A good quality modern heatpipe-fin design heatsink with even a crappy fan will still cool just as well as any watercooling system as long as you have a way to vent the hot air out of the case. About the only advantage water used to have was in the early heatpipe days it could handle high level overclocks better on the cpu but now that we're hitting ambient with heatpipe towers it's pointless, expensive, and hazardous.

So thirdparty (reusable) VGA heatsinks your best bet is (as always) the HR-03 from (of course) thermalright.

• Content Count:  1839

pretty much nothing except raytracing is Many-Core enabled atm.

The thing about water cooling is that it's air cooling. No passive cooling system will ever get you below ambient. A good quality modern heatpipe-fin design heatsink with even a crappy fan will still cool just as well as any watercooling system as long as you have a way to vent the hot air out of the case. About the only advantage water used to have was in the early heatpipe days it could handle high level overclocks better on the cpu but now that we're hitting ambient with heatpipe towers it's pointless, expensive, and hazardous.

So thirdparty (reusable) VGA heatsinks your best bet is (as always) the HR-03 from (of course) thermalright.

For one of the first times ever, Quoting Shadow FT.

Reply to Thread