? servers

? players online

crysis on very high

• Content Count:  2959

You're spending $1500 on a system that, except for the "sli-on-a-card" graphics card is less powerful than the one I designed for Finzz for $500 less.

To put just how bad AMD is compared to nvidia, Here is the lowest end core i7, the PhenomII you picked, and my ~3ish year old core2quad.

A few random asides: An anti-static strap is literally just a piece of metal that touches you and your computer case AFTER you install the psu and plug it into the wall. That LCD screen cleaner is basically just mild soapy water. Thermalpaste is also a LOT cheaper at places like SVC than newegg, so are heatsinks which you really should buy as stock heatsinks SUCK.

That said Here uss a public wishlist that is basically just a slightly altered version of the one you had. I'd do the hard drives differently too but I assume you've got your reasons. The big difference is that I'm being more realistic graphically and with the power supply. SLI/Crossfire simply is never worth the money, a 4870x2 at 1920x1200 will max out Crysis Warhead with 35fps. A gtx 260 will give you 25.7fps with all the same settings at the same resolution, 10fps just isn't worth literally double the price. Especially when a GTX 275 will give you the same performance boost (10-15 fps) for only $50 more on average.

So $1400, twice as powerful processor, 6gb of ram, twice as fast SATA burner (trust me you'll have enough cords and plugs), same graphical performance, and as usual a power supply that you will probably only use half of it's rated power.

Edited by Shadowex3

• Content Count:  1000

You're spending $1500 on a system that, except for the "sli-on-a-card" graphics card is less powerful than the one I designed for Finzz for $500 less.

To put just how bad AMD is compared to nvidia, Here is the lowest end core i7, the PhenomII you picked, and my ~3ish year old core2quad.

A few random asides: An anti-static strap is literally just a piece of metal that touches you and your computer case AFTER you install the psu and plug it into the wall. That LCD screen cleaner is basically just mild soapy water. Thermalpaste is also a LOT cheaper at places like SVC than newegg, so are heatsinks which you really should buy as stock heatsinks SUCK.

That said Here uss a public wishlist that is basically just a slightly altered version of the one you had. I'd do the hard drives differently too but I assume you've got your reasons. The big difference is that I'm being more realistic graphically and with the power supply. SLI/Crossfire simply is never worth the money, a 4870x2 at 1920x1200 will max out Crysis Warhead with 35fps. A gtx 260 will give you 25.7fps with all the same settings at the same resolution, 10fps just isn't worth literally double the price. Especially when a GTX 275 will give you the same performance boost (10-15 fps) for only $50 more on average.

So $1400, twice as powerful processor, 6gb of ram, twice as fast SATA burner (trust me you'll have enough cords and plugs), same graphical performance, and as usual a power supply that you will probably only use half of it's rated power.

This guy is smart. I was just about to recommend a i7 920, but then I re-read the topic and you only asked if you could run Crysis on high. So the above post was pretty pointless, since one word could have answered his question, and that word is YES.

Except that both of those lose hard to their intel/nvidia counters even when you take AMD-ATI's lower prices into account. Phenom II's are barely below par with the Q9450 that I use in most benchmarks and yet still cost more than a years old processor.

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=14581608

who made this cause when i searched up crysis max edition product number this come up and freaked me out

Did you even read my post? That was something I made for you and linked to IN MY POST. If you're going to ask for advice it would help if you actually read the posts people make.

An idiot since they bought two seagate HDDs. And they aren't even the same capacity so RAIDing them is absurd.

Seagate and WD are both good drives. It's musical maxtor's you need to watch out for. And take up the wierdass 80-500 config with Regionals, I've always preferred Jbod's to RAID arrays for simplicity and just having all games and stuff installed on one primary drive with a seperate partition for the OS while using the other drives as storage. It's not idiot proof but it's harder for idiots to tamper with and suprisingly robust.

Reply to Thread