? servers

? players online

Shit just got real...

• Content Count:  1839

I'm taking your advice! Lol. Hopefully I can get all I want before they shut it down again.:clap:

it doesnt MATTER if they get shut down. EVERY single torrent that they have hosted has been hosted on other trackers now.

• Content Count:  2417

it doesnt MATTER if they get shut down. EVERY single torrent that they have hosted has been hosted on other trackers now.

Oh yea :p Well this one is my favorite since I've been using it for a while :toung:

• Content Count:  2959

Guys, let me remind u:

* Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.

Just to throw out you do realise that most of the world has sane copyright laws and as a forum you guys cant be held responsible for other people's comments, plus even in america as crazy as we've gotten you can't get in trouble just for DISCUSSING illegal activities. At least if you're not in an airport.

So you don't quite need to worry so much about anything happening to you unless your hosting says "STFU"

• Content Count:  3457

Just to throw out you do realise that most of the world has sane copyright laws and as a forum you guys cant be held responsible for other people's comments, plus even in america as crazy as we've gotten you can't get in trouble just for DISCUSSING illegal activities. At least if you're not in an airport.

So you don't quite need to worry so much about anything happening to you unless your hosting says "STFU"

I get your point, but the rule still applies on our forum.

• Content Count:  3391

I believe the ruling is that if a forum actively moderates its discussions such that comments are deleted, then that forum can be held liable if they do NOT remove comments at the request of the IP owner.

And you can get in trouble, quite a lot, actually, if you discuss illegal activities. It's called conspiracy and carries a hefty penalty. In this case, it'd be conspiracy to commit piracy, copyright theft, intellectual property theft, etc.

That being said, you are allowed to discuss the activities of another website but the owners of this website can tell you to stop or silence you, since this is their property.

As far as TPB goes, after they lost the suit and were fined 3 million dollars, I think this was their only option to get out of that debt in a timely fashion. I also believe, which is somewhat proven by the departure of Peter Sunde, that the guys running TPB wanted out and wanted to work on something else.

Also, I'm pretty sure that GGF is a shell company owned by the RIAA or some other special interests group, but I can't be certain. There's a whole bunch of evidence and discussion about this floating about and I can't be arsed to find it. TPB may be dead but there are many other trackers out there, both public and private, that will take its place, but I feel that since TPB lost the trial, other trackers will soon fall.

Every 10 years or so a new technology comes along. BitTorrents need to find a way to reinvent themselves or they will be replaced by another P2P technology that we've yet seen. I also feel bad for anyone that currently runs a tracker as they are almost guaranteed to be on a watch list of some sort. And since most judges and lawyers are clueless about how the Internet works, let alone BitTorrent, and the fact that many special interest groups are in the pockets of said judges and lawyers, that the admins are essentially screwed.

I'm all for freedom of information, but not at the price of my own freedom.

Reply to Thread