? servers

? players online

DVD Drive won't spin up

• Content Count:  1000

I went to Best Buy today to get me some DVD+R blanks and come home to find out my DVD drive doesn't spin up anymore. I recently installed a spare hard drive and I unplugged the molex from my DVD drive and put it onto a spare hard drive. I left the IDE cable in and used the slave IDE for my spare hard drive. Today, after buying the DVD+R blanks, I redo all the cables in my computer and put an extra molex into the DVD drive. I put a DVD+R disc in there and it won't read it. I try 2 more and none of them read. I thought I bought a pack of 50 coasters, then I put in my Starcraft CD and it won't read. I then go into Device Manager and uninstall the drivers and reinstall, still nothing. I try a bunch of other disc again and none of them read. Everytime I put a new disc in, the access light goes on, but there is no spinning. I crack open the DVD drive and find nothing blocking the laser. Now I have a dead drive and 100 DVD+R blank medias. :'(

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? I know it is not the IDE cable, because I tried both the slave and master, but they work on the spare hard drive.

• Content Count:  1000

try putting the molex from the dvd drive onto the HDD. it may be giving odd voltages.

I just tried. Both molexs works on the HDD. The DVD drive is still unable to spin. :frown:

Reply to Thread